2011 Ford Explorer Sync 2 replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer Sync 2 replacement

derekb_2011

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
My Sync 2 APIM in the my 2011 Ford Explorer Limited has finally given out. I have been looking on eBay, but no part numbers match, and no one can guarantee that it will work. Can someone help me out on what would work, so I buy the right thing. Is it any Sync 2 APIM, do they have to be re-programmed? I am not sure I am up to that, so looking for a seller that offer re-programming. I have Sync 2 with Navigation. My Part Number: bb5t-14f239-ct, but from reading here in the forums, you guys recommend getting a newer model of this module. Any help on buying the right thing, is appreciated. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PM sent.

Hey, just bought my first ford, and about a month after I've had it, the apim dies during an update:(. Anyway, I downloaded Forscan and the .ab file for it and bought a apim from ebay which came with the wrong display, so I bought another, and it turns on just not vin matched and doesnt have communication w dash... Don't know where to go from there. I have the high/low forscan adapter. I try to load the file, but it just says the file doesn't have the right info for the module??? BTW its a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited, thanks ahead of time. PLS point me in the right direction.

^^Welcome to the Forum David. :wave:
Hopefully, some of the FORScan experienced members can help you. Good luck.

Peter

Hey, just bought my first ford, and about a month after I've had it, the apim dies during an update:(. Anyway, I downloaded Forscan and the .ab file for it and bought a apim from ebay which came with the wrong display, so I bought another, and it turns on just not vin matched and doesnt have communication w dash... Don't know where to go from there. I have the high/low forscan adapter. I try to load the file, but it just says the file doesn't have the right info for the module??? BTW its a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited, thanks ahead of time. PLS point me in the right direction.
FWIW if anyone comes across this, you could have probably swapped screens with your existing as the connections are always the same on sync 2 units. Assuming you have the module plugged in, start with a new profile (don't let it load a previous profile) and can find the APIM in the config menu and go to APIM (As-Built Format) programing screen, just pick the button that says "load factory AB" at the bottom, then pick "write all" and it will restore your stock config into the unit.

Back