2011 power seat problem

rmflyer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NICHOLASVILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer base
I have 2011 explorer with 6 way power seat no memory . The forward horizontal adjustment works fine, the back does not work, checked the power at the motor connection I get -12.5 vdc going forward and +12.5 vdc going back. checked the motor connecting directly to a battery and it runs in both directions. Any help greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a base model, no power recline. My rear tilt stopped working. Motor died. Had a new used track out on. Yours might be the switch if its the recline. I'm no expert on electrical matters.

I have 2011 explorer with 6 way power seat no memory . The forward horizontal adjustment works fine, the back does not work, checked the power at the motor connection I get -12.5 vdc going forward and +12.5 vdc going back. checked the motor connecting directly to a battery and it runs in both directions. Any help greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It does appear that it could be an issue with the switch since the motor does what it is supposed to do assuming the gears or whatever drives the seat is working.

Peter

Checked continuity of new switch everything looks ok.

Are you saying that a new switch fixed the problem?

Peter

No, just checked the continuity of the switch and it is ok but the seat still doesn't work

No, just checked the continuity of the switch and it is ok but the seat still doesn't work
Are the mechanical part of the seat in place? Did something possible become disconnected? If the switch and the motor are good then it doesn't leave much else. The wiring?

Peter

Back