2011 Starting Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Update:

After purchasing a refurbished starter motor from rock auto (AC Delco) for around $170 and replacing the starter, the issue has been fixed. The starter took about an hour to an hour and a half to swap out. I was able to swap it out without removing any of the coolant hoses. I did have to remove the air intake, battery, battery mount, and eventually the gear selector to make for an easier install of the new starter. I was able to remove the old starter without having to unto the gear selector.

I have recently been having a similar issue with my 2014 explorer xlt. The first start of the day would be good and anything after about four hours later would be ok. Any short trips to stores or places would result in the car starting but the starter staying engaged for anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds after start. It sounded very similar to your video. It sounded just like it was still trying to start. I just replaced the starter this morning and have started it a dozen times with out any issues.
Just curious did you find a find a fix Ctmac9000? This is what ours is doing, I have changed the mass air flow sensor and the fuel pump. Starts 100% after sitting over night. But after sitting for a hour this is the result...sometimes longer.

Welcome to the Forum eh. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since July 11, 2019 so it seems he is no longer following this thread, or perhaps any others.
The only other poster in this thread that is current is member Crates.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum eh. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since July 11, 2019 so it seems he is no longer following this thread, or perhaps any others.
The only other poster in this thread that is current is member Crates.

Peter
Thanks

Back