2012 Ex Limited Hitch Cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Ex Limited Hitch Cover

Teddy57

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Hi guys/gals,

We love our new to us 2012 Ex Limited 302A. After we picked it up from the dealer we realized it didn't come with the rear hitch cover...can anyone point me to a part number for the cover/clips and a good place online to purchase one? I think they are around $50??

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys/gals,

We love our new to us 2012 Ex Limited 302A. After we picked it up from the dealer we realized it didn't come with the rear hitch cover...can anyone point me to a part number for the cover/clips and a good place online to purchase one? I think they are around $50??

Thanks!!

My 2011 came with the hitch cover. Are you sure yours shouldn't have?

Hi guys/gals,

Thanks!!
Welcome to the Forum Teddy57. :wavey:
Do you have a tow package? Perhaps they forgot to put it (cover) back on.
I do not have the tow package but I believe they all come with a cover. It isn't something you should have to buy as an accessory.

Peter

Yes our Ex has the tow package. We bought the car used with 8000 miles on it and the cover is missing! So rather than hear the run around from the dealer and wait months I'll just pick one up and get it over with. Thanks for the help, this is an awesome forum!!

$50 plus for that piece of plastic? That's obscene.

$50 plus for that piece of plastic? That's obscene.

The rear bumper protector is flimsy rubber that just sticks on the paint and is 50+ $$$. Nothing is cheap anymore except quality.Supposedly we are paying for technology.:(

Hi guys/gals,

Thanks!!

17F000B
Bumper Cover Trim Cap
MSRP 71.78
Link

You can go on that site and search by model..once chosen then choose Body, then Bumper and you'll see the illustration

It looks like $71.78 is what you'd pay at the dealer. Websites may be cheaper but you have to pay shipping. For example, www.silverstatefordparts.com was $50 something

EDIT: It looks like the full part number may be BB5Z17F000BA - I'm not 100% positive on that

Back