2012 Explorer Backseat Latch Stuck Up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Explorer Backseat Latch Stuck Up

davekmandel

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
One of the latches underneath the center seat behind the driver's seat was pressed down while the seat was raised up and now I can't get it unlatched in order to latch the seat down. The fabric loop used to pull it up normally isn't unlatching it and the plastic lever isn't doing anything either. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

One of the latches underneath the center seat behind the driver's seat was pressed down while the seat was raised up and now I can't get it unlatched in order to latch the seat down. The fabric loop used to pull it up normally isn't unlatching it and the plastic lever isn't doing anything either. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forum davekmandel.:wavey:
I don't recall this problem being posted before. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you. For clarification, when you say latches, are you referring to the parts that anchor the seat to the floor? A picture might be helpful.

Peter

One of the latches underneath the center seat behind the driver's seat was pressed down while the seat was raised up and now I can't get it unlatched in order to latch the seat down...

Hmm, davekmandel, I'm having a hard time picturing what you're talking about. I recommend visiting your dealership so they can get this sorted out. Touch base with us after your appointment so we'll know how things went.

Crystal

Back