• Register Today It's free!

2012 Explorer headlamp

Kage_

Reaction score
City, State
South Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Base - V6
I've had my new 2012 for about 4 weeks now and just a bit over 3k miles. The right head light went out yesterday. I've checked the auto parts stores and none of them have updated there systems to include the 2012 explorer. Does the 2012 take the same bulb as the 2011?

Also, would it be worth taking to the dealership and have them replace it under warranty?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most definitely take it to the dealer and let them replace it

I've had my new 2012 for about 4 weeks now and just a bit over 3k miles. The right head light went out yesterday.

That seems like a short lifetime for a headlight bulb. Definitely take it to your dealer since a bulb shouldn't burn out that early in its lifetime.

Dealer trip for sure

Yes it is the same bulb, but i would take it to the dealer !!!

I've had my new 2012 for about 4 weeks now and just a bit over 3k miles. The right head light went out yesterday. I've checked the auto parts stores and none of them have updated there systems to include the 2012 explorer. Does the 2012 take the same bulb as the 2011?

Also, would it be worth taking to the dealership and have them replace it under warranty?
I agree with the other members and suggest you take it to the dealer. I am quite sure a bulb is not covered under the warranty but they may replace it without charge as a goodwill gesture.
My manual shows it is an HB3 bulb in the 2011.

If they don't have the updated info for the 2012, what are they going to do when the 2013's hit the streets this month??;)

Peter

Were you driving around in Spring tonight? I saw an Explorer with its driver side headlight out. Made me think of this thread!

I agree with the other members and suggest you take it to the dealer. I am quite sure a bulb is not covered under the warranty but they may replace it without charge as a goodwill gesture
Unless Canada is different than the U.S., warranty for a bulb is 12 months or 12,000 miles. I wouldn't think that the guy has a problem with his vehicle if only one bulb has burnt out prematurely, however, 3000 miles is too early to be replacing bulbs.

I took it to the dealer and they replaced the bulb under warranty. I had them also adjust the headlights up a bit.

Thanks everyone.

I'm down in Sugar Land area so it wasn't me and it the passenger side. :)

I took it to the dealer and they replaced the bulb under warranty. I had them also adjust the headlights up a bit.

Thanks everyone.

I'm down in Sugar Land area so it wasn't me and it the passenger side. :)

LOL, it was worth asking :)

Glad they were able to get that taken care of for you.

Back