2012 Explorer XLT Keyless Entry Inoperable | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Explorer XLT Keyless Entry Inoperable

NATE POLK

Reaction score
City, State
LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT
I just purchased a 2012 XLT that has been well cared for and everything seems to work well so far except the Keyless Entry System.

1. The key fobs work fine for all functions.
2. The factory 5-digit code will not work on the door keypad or the Settings>Vehicle>Door Keypad Code
- After entering factory code and pressing >ENTER<, the space where the factory code was entered goes blank immediately when >ENTER< is pressed.

After trying everything I can find in the owners manual, watching countless YouTube videos on the subject, and perusing threads and forums on this site, I cannot find the exact problem I am having.

I think there is chance the factory code was previously deleted. Is this a possibility? If so, what is the fix to restore the keyless entry feature?

Please help...

Sincerely,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Nate.:wave:
The factory code can be changed but it can not be deleted. Are you sure that the code you are trying is the factory code. The factory Securicode can be found under the dash on the left hand side and up above the parking brake near the fuse box. It has a bar code on it as well. The picture is of my previous 2011 Ltd.

Peter

PC170277a.jpg

Yes, I found the factory code in this very spot. I read another post somewhere that suggested using the door keypad instead of the dash display and entering the factory code and adding the same factory code as a change code. For example xxxxx 1/2, xxxxx and this actually got the door keyless entry pad to work. I still have the same problem with using the dash setting/vehicle/keyless entry function to add another user code.

I had the same problem with my 2013 XLT when I picked it up from the dealer (used, 4 years old). The dealer's shop guy tried all sorts of things and they simply replaced the pad under warranty.

I used a procedure suggested by another thread and I can lock/unlock with the door keypad. The touch screen will not let me change or add another keyless entry code now.

Back