2012 Ford Explorer issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Ford Explorer issues

CRA

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited V6
I could really use input from anyone who is experiencing the following issues with their Explorer. For the past several days when I turn on my Explorer, the wrench light, the advancetrac and anti skid indicators all turn on. If I turn restart the car...they don’t light up anymore. I’m afraid to drive it with all those indicators displayed so I restart it and it drives with no issues. This same problem happened to me about 7 months ago but the car would not accelerate. I took it to the dealer and apparently it was the master airflow sensor connection. I haven’t had any other issues until now. Any suggestions or recommendation? The dealer will not do anything unless the issues are displayed on the dash but like I said, if I restart it, it’s fine. Please help!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pull the codes, cant help without knowing what the codes are.

When was the battery replaced last? I know for most newer vehicles, when the battery drops below a certain voltage, the dash indicators light up since some of the sensors aren't getting the voltage they require. If you haven't replaced the battery for some time, go ahead and replace it.

+1 for checking the battery.

Peter

When was the battery replaced last? I know for most newer vehicles, when the battery drops below a certain voltage, the dash indicators light up since some of the sensors aren't getting the voltage they require. If you haven't replaced the battery for some time, go ahead and replace it.

Battery was replaced June 2016 at a Ford Quicklane. Apparently they have a 5 year warranty. I’m at the dealer now and they are saying the battery is good but has to be recharged. Fingers crossed this handles the issue!!!!

Battery was replaced June 2016 at a Ford Quicklane. Apparently they have a 5 year warranty. I’m at the dealer now and they are saying the battery is good but has to be recharged. Fingers crossed this handles the issue!!!!
Do you ever get the Battery Saver message when you turn the vehicle off? If you drive it regularly I don't know why it requires a recharge.

Peter

Do you ever get the Battery Saver message when you turn the vehicle off? If you drive it regularly I don't know why it requires a recharge.

Peter
No, my vehicle has never displayed that message. The dealer ended up installing a new battery under warranty because I save all my receipts. This will be my 4th Motorcraft battery since purchasing the vehicle August 2011. That seems like a lot!!!

Yes that is a lot. I believe that is due to the inferior Motorcraft batteries they are putting in these vehicles with a less than adequate CC value.

Back