2012 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Ford Explorer

pamdon

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer
The battery on our 2012 Explorer was cranking slow. I started the care to make sure it would start. I shut it back off and planned to take it to have the battery checked a couple of hours later. When I tried to start the car later, it gave me No Key Detected with both my key fob and my wife's key fob. Are these related? Will the battery get to a point that this happens, or do I have a different problem?

The battery on our 2012 Explorer was cranking slow. I started the care to make sure it would start. I shut it back off and planned to take it to have the battery checked a couple of hours later. When I tried to start the car later, it gave me No Key Detected with both my key fob and my wife's key fob. Are these related? Will the battery get to a point that this happens, or do I have a different problem?
Welcome to the Forum pamdon.:wavey:
If it is the battery beginning to run low, you should have been receiving a notification of some kind before this. I usually leave the radio on after turning the ignition off and it will stay on until I open the door. On occasion the radio will shut off right away and a "Battery Saver Program OFF" message pops up on the MFT screen. I get this every 2 or 3 weeks and I then put the battery charger on it and it is okay again for a while.
If the No Key Detected message just started coming up I would think there is a good chance the two incidents are related. Get the battery checked by the dealer. It should still be under warranty.

It would also help the members here if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so that it show in the left margin. Not all models have the same features.

Peter

The battery on our 2012 Explorer was cranking slow. I started the care to make sure it would start. I shut it back off and planned to take it to have the battery checked a couple of hours later...

Sounds like it's time for a trip to the dealership, pamdon. Let us know how the visit goes; don't hesitate to contact me if you need my assistance.:thumbsup:

Crystal

Back