2012 limited halogen aimed too low ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 limited halogen aimed too low ?

bluelion

Reaction score
City, State
Spring, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 EX Limited
ok, i bought my 2012 limited 301a last week. since then, i've driven a couple times at night, and i normally drive to work when it's still dark outside. i know that the halogens will be inferior to HIDs, but my halogens seem to be aimed way too low. i think i can only see 10-20ft in front of me. and since they're projector housing, i have a nice cutoff which makes it worse actually. i do plan to buy HIDs but i don't think it will remedy the issue.

has anyone else had this issue with their factory halogen bulbs? and can the dealership aim the lights a little higher so my cutoff isnt 10-20ft in front of me?

I forgot to put this in my review, but yes, they seem pointed to low on mine as well. Is there a way to adjust them?

i'm sure there's a way....but i personally don't know how high is TOO high. so i'd rather try to get the dealership to aim them higher for me....and THEN, i'll get my HIDs.

stellato, don't you have factory HIDs ?

I know there is a chart in the Owner's Manual that details the size, shape and aiming of the headlight pattern. The information starts on pg. 74 of the PDF of the manual (I would assume the printed numbers are the same).

Back