2012 News | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 News

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
So I found an interesting post over at blueovalforums.com from a user named ice-capades who claimed to be a ford dealer advertising manager.

He claimed:
"Ford is in the process of scheduling the final 2011 Explorer orders now with the cut off date for fleet orders being 04/22/2011. The 2012 Explorer Order Bank was scheduled to open on 05/08/2011 but the 2012 Explorer Order Guide has not yet been released to Dealers. 2012 Explorer scheduling is set to start on 06/16/2011 with a Job #1 Date being 07/18/2011."

I got it from an internet forum so take it for what its worth, but I thought it was interesting news.

;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If this is true it is great news. I was really wanting to order my Ex around the June/July time frame, so getting in on the MY 2012 will be a nice bonus. Hopefully they'll stick in a slightly faster process for MFT and have all the 2011 issues sorted out.

Per craig on fb, Dealers can place customer orders beginning 5/18.

So it's 5/28 and it seems dealers still can't place orders. Has anyone had any luck with ordering one?

So it's 5/28 and it seems dealers still can't place orders. Has anyone had any luck with ordering one?

As of 5/23, Order Acceptance Date for 2012 Explorers is 6/1/11. Production start on 2012s is scheduled for 7/18/11. Dates are subject to change.

So are the 2012's available for order yet? Has the pricing structure changed at all? Has Tuxedo Black been replaced by any other form of Black?

My sales rep said my order was accepted last week, he said he had an order number, but hasn't gotten it to me yet.

Just talked to my son a Ford car salesman. The Tuxedo Black is gone and replaced with just black. Some of the other colors are gone, too.

So are the 2012's available for order yet? Has the pricing structure changed at all? Has Tuxedo Black been replaced by any other form of Black?
Yes the order guides are out for the 2012 Explorers, the pricing structure has changed, and tuxedo black was replaced with black (like kitechaser already said).

JStellato, I’m glad your order was accepted! When you get the order number, feel free to drop me a line and I’ll keep you updated with the current status!

Cory

Bucket second row

Does anyone know if second row buckets will be available in XLT's for 2012?

Yes the order guides are out for the 2012 Explorers, the pricing structure has changed, and tuxedo black was replaced with black (like kitechaser already said).

JStellato, I’m glad your order was accepted! When you get the order number, feel free to drop me a line and I’ll keep you updated with the current status!

Cory

RE: Tuxedo Black --> Black

Is the color actually changing or just the name of the color?
and even more specifically, is it gonna be JET black in color?

Thanks

Thanks

The metal flake in Tuxedo Black was sourced from Japan and was effected by the Tsunami. Ford did not want to drop Tuxedo Black, they were force to. Hopefully it has some metal flake, but have no information one or the other.

Does anyone know if second row buckets will be available in XLT's for 2012?
I did some research and found that the 2nd row buckets are only on the Limited and aren’t currently offered on the XLT for 2012 models.

Thanks
I also found that “UA-Black” is available and it has a metallic color. I hope that helps!

Cory

I wanted everyone to know that I got an email copy of my order for the 2012 Ex, so I have an official order number in hand and already sent it to Cory

THANKS CORY!!!

I wanted everyone to know that I got an email copy of my order for the 2012 Ex, so I have an official order number in hand and already sent it to Cory

THANKS CORY!!!
You’re welcome! Feel free to message me any questions you’d like me to research to help as you wait!

Cory

Back