• Register Today It's free!

2013 2.0 ecoboost mods?

gtnos

Reaction score
City, State
oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
well, finally latched on to an explorer. picked up a tuxedo black xlt with black leather friday. 2wd with 2.0 ecoboost 4 banger. wanted the most economy for the $. this little engine has got some power, who would have imagined 240 hp and 270 lbs of torque from only 2.0 liters. this is my first turbo vehicle, and so far im loving it.

im not new to modding, have an 06 f150 screw 4x4 and 06 gt stang that are both mildly modded. (CAI, tuners, etc) that being said, im curious about mods for fuel economy mainly, however if such mods also managed to toss in a few extra hp, i wouldn't complain. any good tuners out there or other mods you guys would suggest?

thanks!

I too have a 2013 2.0 EcoBoost. Other than a K&N air filter, I don't think there are any other mods out there for the 2.0....Never found much interest or discussion on this vehicle....Too bad....On another note, I'm not getting very good gas mileage, and the tailpipes are noticable with black soot....I think it's burning quite rich, but the Dealers just laugh....I'm beginning to get very annoyed....If you hear of other thing, please let me know....best regards Plum

Back