2013 - 2nd row bench seat fold away | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 - 2nd row bench seat fold away

In the 2013 model, do these seats lock into the folded up position? IIRC, in my 2012, the only tumble forward to access the rear but do not lock up... am I wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the 2013 model, do these seats lock into the folded up position? IIRC, in my 2012, the only tumble forward to access the rear but do not lock up... am I wrong?
I believe you are asking about the seats not locking up in the tumbled position. Although I don't have the 2013, I do have a 2011 and mine do not lock into the tumbled position. I don't really see a need for it. They seem to be weighted down enough as it is.

Peter

I was wondering if they locked up in the "tumbled" position because I think it would increase some storage space for the way I want to load something. I saw this thread and figured I would ask. The only reason to tumble them up otherwise would be for access to the rear seats, I guess.

Pretty sure they don't lock unless there is something you have to do to lock them. I know when I put them forward, I don't have to do anything (like pull a release or something) to push them back down.

Explorer Sport seat question

I know the Sport model gives-up the power fold on the 3rd row seating (must be done manually) BUT - can someone tell me if the 2nd row bucket seats have the power release like the Limited OR is that manual also? Thanks !

Hi there! I am looking into buying a Ford Explorer Sport within the next year. Can anyone post pictures of the different configurations possible for folding away the 2nd row bench seating? Do they stow all the way flat? Can you have one side all the way down, while the other portion of the seat is still usable? Is there any restriction on which side can stay down while the other side is still up? Just curious, thank you very much!!

Hi there! I am looking into buying a Ford Explorer Sport within the next year. Can anyone post pictures of the different configurations possible for folding away the 2nd row bench seating? Do they stow all the way flat? Can you have one side all the way down, while the other portion of the seat is still usable? Is there any restriction on which side can stay down while the other side is still up? Just curious, thank you very much!!
It's a good thing I haven't kept track of all my trips to the garage getting pics for this site! ;)
Here are the configurations that are possible. The seats can be folded and/or tumbled independently. Note that both seats can be put into the 'tumbled' position at the same time. I hope this helps.

Peter

Attachments

• PA130136_1.JPG
    PA130136_1.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 250
  • PA130137_1.JPG
    PA130137_1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 240
  • PA130138_1.JPG
    PA130138_1.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 259
  • PA130139_1.JPG
    PA130139_1.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 233
  • PA130140_1.JPG
    PA130140_1.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 246
  • PA130141_1.JPG
    PA130141_1.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 225

Anyone know if the 16 Ex 2nd row bench "60" portion is supposed to tumble forward? My 40 section does, and the 60 portion has signs on it indicating it does, but i cant get it to. Wondering if its broken or im dumb.

Anyone know if the 16 Ex 2nd row bench "60" portion is supposed to tumble forward? My 40 section does, and the 60 portion has signs on it indicating it does, but i cant get it to. Wondering if its broken or im dumb.
According to the Owner's Manual it is supposed to tumble to allow for entrance to the 3rd row. It should latch and unlatch just like the 40 part of the bench.

Peter

Thx Peter.

Guess ill mention it when i take it in for bi-annual maintenance

Back