2013 2nd Row Seat Stuck in Tumbled Position | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 2nd Row Seat Stuck in Tumbled Position

zeddave

Reaction score
City, State
APEX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello. My 2nd row driver-side seat (60/40) is stuck in the down position. The pull cable is not releasing the latch from the hinge. I have tugged and tugged and tugged. Does anyone know if there is a release somewhere on the seat? Any help would be great. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are you talking about the back part of the seat or the tumbled seat? I don't recall having to use a "pull cable" to return the back part of the seat to the normal upright position on either my 2011 or 2017. I just moved it back up manually.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are you talking about the back part of the seat or the tumbled seat? I don't recall having to use a "pull cable" to return the back part of the seat to the normal upright position on either my 2011 or 2017. I just moved it back up manually.

Peter
So, in the 2nd row, there is a pull-tab and a release handle to release the seat to fold down. The same pull-tab and release handle when given a second harder tub will release the seat to fold forward to allow people to get into the thrid row.
It is this second release that is not occurring with my seat.
The pull-cable I was referring to is the cable attached to the release and pull-tab. This cable is attached to a clamp that locks the seat in place. When pulled hard enough should release the clamp from the locking bar. But, that's not happening. I've tugged and tugged, and it will not release.
So, I'm wondering if there is another way to get this clamp to release. Hopefully like a hidden key or something. I know I'm grasping, but I'd rather not take it to the dealer for such a minor thing.

Okay, you're referring to the "tumbled" seat. My 2011 was a Limited and I can't recall if it had a pull tab or not. The 2017 was a Platinum and the tumble feature was powered. I'm not aware of any other feature that would release it. Is there any way to get it to see if you can get it to release using any tools? I'm not aware of anyone else having reported this issue before.

Peter

Having same issue with my 2016 Limited; seat back folds forward, but seat bottom does not release to rotate forward no matter how much pressure is used on lever or pull tab- seems like it's a lubrication issue. Any luck getting this worked out?

Having same issue with my 2016 Limited; seat back folds forward, but seat bottom does not release to rotate forward no matter how much pressure is used on lever or pull tab- seems like it's a lubrication issue. Any luck getting this worked out?
Does the Limited have the Power Fold and Tumble? My 2017 Platinum also had a button on the wheel well that when pressed would fold and tumble the seat. Are both seats not working?

Peter

Does the Limited have the Power Fold and Tumble? My 2017 Platinum also had a button on the wheel well that when pressed would fold and tumble the seat. Are both seats not working?

Peter
Mine has the power fold and tumble for 3rd row only, manual operation for 2nd row seats.
Passenger side 2nd row seat folds correctly with minimum effort, drivers side larger section will not rotate forward after folding seat back.

Are you sure that the mechanism is actually trying to unlock the seat? Is it possible there may be a disconnect between the lever and the locking part of the seat? I doubt that it would be a lubrication issue.

Peter

Back