2013 Explorer XLT 4wd
On June 29th, I ordered my new Explorer. Here is what is coming

4wd V6
XLT
Kodiak Brown
Tow Package
201A Option Group
Roof Crossbars

I called the dealer and I have a VIN. I entered it in ETIS and it came back with "30.11.0002" as the build date which I am not sure what that actually means. Perhaps it was built ten years ago in November, but since it is a 2013 that obviously does not make sense.

The dealer mentioned she saw a delivery of August 13th so that would be ahead of the expectations of 6-8 weeks which is nice if true.

"Boris" my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee has served me well, but after 200k miles, it is time. The new vehicle will be named after I meet him/her.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Mondak! Congratulations on your purchase :)

As for Etis, it won't update with your build date until after the car is built. We look forward to pictures and a name!

Awesome! Another KB :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum!

How about " Monarch"... The name of the Grizzly in the California State flag?

Plus, I would get the double meaning from one of the best evil super villains of all time!
MONARCH.jpg

Never knew that piece of trivia BTW. Very interesting. I won't commit to anything until I meet the vehicle though.

LOL Ron, I was born in Cali and never knew the bear was named! As they say, you learn something new everyday :)

From Wikipedia:

"The bear on the current flag of California was modeled on the last wild Californian grizzly bear in captivity. The bear, named "Monarch", was captured in 1889 by newspaper reporter Allen Kelley, at the behest of William Randolph Hearst.[6] The bear was subsequently moved to Woodwards Gardens in San Francisco, and then to the zoo at Golden Gate Park. After the bear's death in 1911, it was mounted and preserved at the Academy of Sciences at Golden Gate Park."

Hey Mondak, I just noticed your from Carlsbad, small world. I spent the early years of my life in Oceanside and Vista!

On June 29th, I ordered my new Explorer...I called the dealer and I have a VIN...
Welcome to the forum, Mondak; as you can see, you’re going fit in nicely to the friendly community here! Shoot me a PM with your VIN and I’ll keep tabs on the latest status. :D

I didn’t know the bear had a name, RonJrSVCMGR; Kodiak Brown was made with bears in mind IMHO. :thumbsup:

Plus, I would get the double meaning from one of the best evil super villains of all time!...
I’m going to “venture” to say that’s an awesome name, Mondak! :cool:

...Hey Mondak, I just noticed your from Carlsbad, small world. I spent the early years of my life in Oceanside and Vista!
VinceL,

We’re all just one big happy family here at EF! ;)

Cory

Hey Mondak, I just noticed your from Carlsbad, small world. I spent the early years of my life in Oceanside and Vista!

Yeah. Like most, I am a transplant. Have been here for 16 years though.

Primarily, this is a Mammoth Mobile. I ski there about 25-30 days a year and need the 4wd for that. Hopefully in your time out here, you got to experience the best mountain in North America.

Cory said:
Welcome to the forum, Mondak; as you can see, you’re going fit in nicely to the friendly community here! Shoot me a PM with your VIN and I’ll keep tabs on the latest status.

PM sent. Thanks for the help. Agreed on the friendly community. I have done a fair bit of searching and got my questions answered in short order without having to utter a word.

...PM sent. Thanks for the help. Agreed on the friendly community. I have done a fair bit of searching and got my questions answered in short order without having to utter a word.
You got it, Mondak! I appreciate the heads up. Welcome to the Ford Family; I’ll send you a reply within a day or so. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Sounds like it's got "Yogi" written all over it... :D

Sounds like it's got "Yogi" written all over it... :D

Since this seems to be a fun and popular topic, I'll throw out there what I am considering in no particular order.

Monarch
Norman
Henry
Edgar
Skadi
Avy (Short for Avalanche)
Walter
Ullr

Most are neutral / male names right now. I won't make up my mind until we meet though. Open to suggestions for sure.

That’s a fantastic name, Joe Dirt; it’s perfect for taking picnic baskets for lunch! :D Imagine yourself here:

http://www.Ford.com/suvs/Explorer/gallery/photos/photo:27/

Cory

Those are some cool pictures. Even though a few have some creative photo-shopping, Ford takes a lot of photos and films a lot of commercials in Mammoth. Outside the creative license bit of a few of the shots on that site, the original pictures in a couple cases were taken in and near Mammoth. There was a picture of a silver one in either Lone Pine or Bishop (I'll ID it next time up) and there are always ones being taken on the road that leads to the main lodge.

Ford is the official vehicle of Mammoth Mountain so that works out pretty well. Have been for like 10 years I think. At one point, I was going to buy a white Explorer and buy some big Mammoth stickers just so I could park wherever I wanted.

I like Yogi :thumbsup:

Now that I got to thinking about it, when someone says Monarch I think of this:

1978%20Mercury%20Monarch%20Factory%20Photo.jpg

I guess it IS a Ford product, but....

Look at number 3 of the definition of Monarch....

mon·arch   [mon-erk, -ahrk] Show IPA
noun
1. A hereditary sovereign, as a king, queen, or emperor.

2. A sole and absolute ruler of a state or nation.

3. a person or thing that holds a dominant position: a monarch of international shipping.

4.monarch butterfly.

"Fozzie" would be another good name, too...

Storm was almost called "Bruce" after the great white shark in Jaws, but that would have been bad memories for some...

Storm Trooper is appropriate in so many ways.... Technologically advanced warrior, can handle any Storm, white with blacked out windows, great defender of the family (safety features) and it's ahead of it's time...

P.S. Bruce is also the name of the great white shark in Finding Nemo.... Coincidence or homage to Jaws. Me thinks homage....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Storm Trooper is appropriate in so many ways.... Technologically advanced warrior, can handle any Storm, white with blacked out windows, great defender of the family (safety features) and it's ahead of it's time...

Any fans of Robot Chicken? My warped sense of humor is reminded of this:
:D

Instead of Bruce, how about Gary? LOL

Back