• Register Today It's free!

2013 ABS Problem Code U0415

Gwynn Uy

Reaction score
City, State
Cebu City, Ceby
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hi guys! i have a 2013 Ford Explorer 3.5 Limited, this past few weeks, the abs acts up randomly, i can feel my brake pedals vibrating and i hear a sound coming somewhere from the front left area, and everytime this happens, the traction control light comes on and goes away, so i brought it to the dealer, and they say my PCM is bad and needs replacement, so i borrowed a friend's Gscan2 and plugged it in my car, no dtc was available, so we looked at the live data while driving, and everytime the traction control light comes out, the scanner would pop out a message saying it cannot communicate with the module, but if we connect it back, it will show live datas again, so what might be my problem here??

BTW, service advancetrac, head on collision not available and hill descent control fault came out once when the car was running, restarted the car and everything went away

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi brooklynbay! thank you for replying

how about the service advancetrac and no communication from abs module? what could be the problem? is it still connected to the faulty speed sensor??

Welcome to the Forum Gwynn.:wave:

Peter

ok, and btw, i just checked the dealer diagnosis and it says there was a code uo415

just checked, tires are all the same size

just an update, cleaned all 4 wheel speed sensor and still having the problem, what else should i do??

Wiring connections to sensor, also to and between bcm and abs module.

I recently got the U0415 (w/o an engine light) when checking codes for an unrelated matter, but haven't noticed any brake issues. I assume I can clear the code and check it again in a few days to see if it pops up again before I start cleaning sensors and so on? -Tony

hi guys, just an update, decided to change the PCM as what the dealer suggested, after changing, problem is still there, and now, i noticed everytime the abs kicks in, traction control light will blink, and it doesn't happen when im going straight, traction control light only blinks when im turning the steering wheel at any speed, so what could be my problem?

Did you ever find out the issue? I am having the same problem. Thanks!

Did you ever find out the issue? I am having the same problem. Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If you were asking Gwynn Uy, the member hasn't been seen here since October 25, 2019.

Peter

Hmm nuts. Just today I had the same code via forscan. U0415 (no check engine)

Tomorrow I'll toss on IDS and see if I can find more, but I'm not holding my breath given a previous poster said they took it to a dealership.

I only checked because I noted a slight hesitation /pulse/hick up while driving. Almost felt like I had a wheel weight thrown. A couple hundred miles ago I changed all 4 tires and had all braking systems given a pre-winter once over so it's very unlikely there is debris on anything.

I have been monitoring this issue for the better part of 6 months. Weekly I throw on my scanner and see what is up. Run an ABS test as well. Occasionally I get the U0415, other times not. I set up live monitoring/recording of the 4 wheel speed sensors and they all matched speed many hundreds of miles later. Im going to take a guess and say they are all good.

While doing my brakes last weekend, I had the bright idea to pull the wheel sensors to clean and inspect. No debris. Squeaky clean actually. Unfortunately, the driver front was kind of seized in place and I broke most of it off in the process of removal. Replaced with a new one from Rock Auto.

For kicks I ordered a brand new sealed ABS control module with the exact same PN as mine to keep on hand just in case. The only matching modules I've found are from junkyards or on ebay, which is where got mine. Given that I am not having any actual issues besides one sporadic non-light tripping code, I'm not going to pursue it unless something else happens.

On a side note, my previously mentioned slight hiccups were due to an exhaust leak which has since been repaired.

...................................................................................
For kicks I ordered a brand new sealed ABS control module with the exact same PN as mine to keep on hand just in case.
Back in the late 60s when I had my 1964 Cadillac I bought a spare distributor cap because they kept developing cracks. I still have it today. :D

Peter

Back in the late 60s when I had my 1964 Cadillac I bought a spare distributor cap because they kept developing cracks. I still have it today. :D

Peter
I know, I felt silly doing it, but rather have it and not need it... I do have a tendency to hoard parts, especially little ones. However my archives have come in handy a couple of times.

Like when I snapped off the zerk of a ball joint I had just installed. Or lost not 1 but 4 lugnuts. I think an angry band of squirrels was to blame for that though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back