2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9

How do you want to spend Sun. June 9th, 2013?

• I want to go to Rausch Creek!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh. There has to be something other than wheeling to do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Wow, I must be getting old and forgetful...this thread should have been up a month ago :eek: Sorry!

Basic info!

When: Friday June 7 to Saturday June 8, 2013.
Where: Carlisle Fairgrounds, Carlisle Pennsylvania.
What: The East Coast's biggest Ford car show, and our once-a-year-giant-Explorer-meet-n-greet.
Who: The showfield is open to any Ford or Ford brand, online fast-track registration is $55 and can be filled out HERE. We are Class 400 FORD EXPLORER/MERCURY MOUNTAINEER and we register under the club name Serious Explorations. (How freaking cool is it that they finally gave us a model specific class after 10+ years of bugging them?! :bounce: :cool: )
Why: Because it's an awesome time, that's why!

This year there was a mix up with the hotel reserving because I took too long to do it (sorry again!), but I've reserved two rooms at the Comfort Suites in downtown historic Carlisle instead. If you want your own room, I strongly suggest you reserve it asap because they're going fast! There is a parking garage behind the hotel and the fee is $3 per night per vehicle. If you'd like to save $$, Pm me about crashing with us old-timers and sharing a room.

Now as for Sunday June 9, although we typically go fourwheeling, I'm only counting two heavily modified and two light duty Explorers as of right now. It's up to y'all to vote whether we go to Rausch Creek and camp/stay at a hotel, drive up to Freeland/hit trails around Hazleton and camp/stay at my house and/or hotels (quads would be welcome here, but not at Rausch) or option #3: Find something else to do. You guys have two weeks to vote!

Hope to see everyone soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first poster, again! woot. now lets see if i can get there!

option 3 - food fight at lindsy and chris's place. havent had one of them in a while :D

Does the exploder need tags for the wheeling?
And what class would a f550 with a explorer stacked on the back count as for the show field? :D

Let me read those options when I'm more awake.

Doesn't necessarily matter to me where the wheeling takes place...hoping to have the Aussie in by then (working takes up too much time :p: )..her Ex will not be hitting the trails, she likes how "pretty" it is.

I don't know if we would actually have to do anything special other than a sign maybe (hey Ben!). Just thought it would be cool as the Saab guys go crazy with the club thing during Imports.

i will yet again try and make it this year but all depends on work

That would be awesome to have recognition at the event...

Glad to see you guys get your own class this year, way to go :thumbsup:
I'll make sure I'll come down and vote in class 400

Going up again in class 412 which is the Bronco Trail Class which takes in the early Broncos, full size and the lowly Bronco ii ha ha. Then again at the Truck Nationals.

Can't wait for this to happen. Hopefully I'll have my new ring and pinion before so I can whoop todd wherever we wheel :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Can't wait for this to happen. Hopefully I'll have my new ring and pinion before so I can whoop todd wherever we wheel :p

teeheee, you're so silly.

teeheee, you're so silly.

See the thing is, I have no cares about my truck. You love yours :p

just checking in

just checking in

Hey booger, the hotel info is in the first post of this thread. Sorry I haven't been able to reply to you on Facebook, I can't copy and paste very well with my phone.

still not sure if i am going to make it or not, but nobody can wheel, what about paint ball?

We shall be there with the edge. Camping at a near campground with the explorer, been a few years since the old girl been up there.

We doing any dinner meet Friday evening?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What happened with the hotel we been using for the pat few years
With the Mach 1 mustang group?

Back