• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer 4wd Bushing leaking

stl2Exp

Reaction score
City, State
St Louis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4wd
I noticed I had a small amount of fluid on the rear bushing for the driver side control arm with a small pool underneath it. It is odorless and feels like silicone not oily like trans or engine oil. Do you guys know if these are filled with silicone? Or could it be something else? I've looked around for leaks underneath and the drive train is dry.

IMG_1777.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found a replacement but not sure if this is an easy fix or not. Mevotech MS40471
Thanks for your help!

Has anyone done this repair before? Is it easy? Thanks

I've never seen a rubber bushing with any kind of fluid in it, my guess would be it is coming from somewhere else. Is it giving you any problems or noises?

No noise at all. I just can’t find any other source for the fluid. I had brakes done at the dealers shop not to long ago. I might run it by there and have them look at it. The brake fluid level is just below max.

and since its not filled with fluid then its not leaking and probably doesn't actually need to be replaced. really just need to find the source of the leak.

spray it off with some brake clean and wipe it dry and see if the fluid comes back.

Ok I’ll try it.

Thanks I’ll read through it tomorrow.

They will fix it but you will be charged for it unless you have an extended warranty. If you look at the info under WARRANTY STATUS you will see it says "Information only".

Peter

Yay I do have an extended warranty. The dealer cant find the TSB's in their system and says it would show up when they search for my car. How do I get them to acknowledge this is for my car?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer says it’s only covered under the 3/36000 warranty not the extended warranty. Darn

Back