2013 Explorer and applink | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer and applink

newfi

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I have a 2013 Explorer Limited with the voice nav system. According to what I have seen on the Ford site there should be a menu item "Mobil Apps" that will allow you to select applink compatible apps on your phone but it does not recognize that command and it is not in the "what can I say list". My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3.
Does the 2013 support applink? If so how do you make it work?

I have a 2013 Explorer Limited with the voice nav system. According to what I have seen on the Ford site there should be a menu item "Mobil Apps" that will allow you to select applink compatible apps on your phone but it does not recognize that command and it is not in the "what can I say list". My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3.
Does the 2013 support applink? If so how do you make it work?
Welcome to the Forum newfi.:wavey:
As bluex232 mentioned, there currently no applink available but Ford is supposedly working on it.
As a side note, it would be helpful for future responses to any of your posts, if you note the year and model (2013 Limited) in your profile in the left margin. An answer to a question on one model may not always apply to another. You can also list that info in Vehicle Specs.
Good luck with your new vehicle and happy motoring.

Peter

Thanks for the info. I guess Ford forgot to take this out of the owner's manual since there is nothing earlier in the chapter about it:

Interact with SYNC-capable mobile
applications on your smart phone. Refer to
SYNC AppLink™ earlier in this chapter for
more information.

Back