2013 explorer base model tires | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

2013 explorer base model tires

Kdogg4

Reaction score
City, State
Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford explorer base
What would I need to do to be able to run 245/75r17's on my 2013 explorer base model? I added a picture of the tires I bought. (Just tires not rims)

20211115_150013.jpg

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
What would I need to do to be able to run 245/75r17's on my 2013 explorer base model? I added a picture of the tires I bought. (Just tires not rims)
What is your current size?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Kdogg4

Reaction score
City, State
Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford explorer base

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
So should I stay with the size that I have or is there a better size?
Depends upon what you are trying to accomplish. If you are just needing new tires, why not stay with the OEM size? You could go slightly wider (255) or narrower (235) and stay within 3%.
I don't know if this thread is of any help in buying tires. Time for tires

Peter

J_C

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Florence, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC
Odds are, that size would fit and work fine, but there's always a chance of some rubbing at extreme lock to lock steering travel especially if there's suspension spring wear. Not everyone agrees with the 3% rule, plenty of people increase their wheel/tire size with no ill effects until the size increase becomes extreme, more than will fit without a lift kit. At the same time it does mean your speedo will read low, though I think there may be a way to program in the new wheel size using Forscan... info probably in the Forscan forum on their site.