• Register Today It's free!

2013 explorer base model tires

Meagan23

Reaction score
City, State
Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford explorer base
What would I need to do to be able to run 245/75r17's on my 2013 explorer base model? I added a picture of the tires I bought. (Just tires not rims)

20211115_150013.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What would I need to do to be able to run 245/75r17's on my 2013 explorer base model? I added a picture of the tires I bought. (Just tires not rims)
What is your current size?

So should I stay with the size that I have or is there a better size?
Depends upon what you are trying to accomplish. If you are just needing new tires, why not stay with the OEM size? You could go slightly wider (255) or narrower (235) and stay within 3%.
I don't know if this thread is of any help in buying tires. Time for tires

Peter

Odds are, that size would fit and work fine, but there's always a chance of some rubbing at extreme lock to lock steering travel especially if there's suspension spring wear. Not everyone agrees with the 3% rule, plenty of people increase their wheel/tire size with no ill effects until the size increase becomes extreme, more than will fit without a lift kit. At the same time it does mean your speedo will read low, though I think there may be a way to program in the new wheel size using Forscan... info probably in the Forscan forum on their site.

Back