2013 Explorer Brake Controller Wire Harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Brake Controller Wire Harness

Hi,

I have a 2013 Explorer base model with out a tire package. I pull a small pop up camper that will soon have electric brakes. Under my dash I have the connector for a brake controller (4 wires in six pin plug). Can I use this to set up my brake controller? In the manual it shows there is a fuse in the engine compartment and under the dash. The under the dash fuse is there but the 30 amp in the engine compartment is missing. Why is there two?

Thanks!

Hi,
I have a 2013 Explorer base model with out a tire package. I pull a small pop up camper that will soon have electric brakes. Under my dash I have the connector for a brake controller (4 wires in six pin plug). Can I use this to set up my brake controller?
Yes
In the manual it shows there is a fuse in the engine compartment and under the dash. The under the dash fuse is there but the 30 amp in the engine compartment is missing. Why is there two?
I don't know, but it's not uncommon for some circuits to have 2 points of protection.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Back