• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Brake Pedal travel

Goly73

Reaction score
City, State
Lake County, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I took my 2013 Sport over to my local Ford dealer for the 5K checkup. When it was done, I flet a difference in my break pedal. It seems to travel more before I feel any pressure. Can anybody tell me if this is normal?

When I asked the mechanic about the breaks, he said "That called passive breaking". Is he for real?

I would like to adjust the breaks so that I feel preasure sooner. Is this possible?

I went to Victor Ford in Wauconda.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do you do that? If you are reffering to the placement of the pedal, then no, they did not touch that. The pedal is in the same place.

I took my 2013 Sport over to my local Ford dealer for the 5K checkup. When it was done, I flet a difference in my break pedal. It seems to travel more before I feel any pressure. Can anybody tell me if this is normal?

When I asked the mechanic about the breaks, he said "That called passive breaking". Is he for real?

I would like to adjust the breaks so that I feel preasure sooner. Is this possible?

I went to Victor Ford in Wauconda.
Welcome to the Form :wavey:.
This is the first time I've read about the term "Passive Braking" in regards to the Explorer.

Peter

I took my 2013 Sport over to my local Ford dealer for the 5K checkup.

Might want to stay away from that dealership, too. As far as I know, there is no required 5,000 mile check up. Unless they are just checking your credit card limits, bank account balance, or net worth.

So you have heard the term before?
I can't say I have. The Explorer does have a regenerative electrical charging system that charges the battery in place of the alternator anytime the engine is running. It increases alternator output under braking or deceleration by converting the kinetic energy into electrical energy. I guess that is a kind of 'Regenerative Braking'. I wonder if that is what they meant.

Peter

It was actually the first schedualed checkup. Might have been the 8k or 10k.

I took my 2013 Sport over to my local Ford dealer for the 5K checkup. When it was done, I flet a difference in my break pedal. It seems to travel more before I feel any pressure...

Since you're concerned, Goly73, I recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealership's service manager. They'll be happy to take a look and answer any questions you have. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out to me via PM. Include your name, daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership info in your message.

Crystal

Back