• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer headlight problem

dixiedrifter

Reaction score
City, State
Crane Hill, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
FWIW, I have factory HIDs on mine and the lighting/visibility is fine. Fine as in no issues to report regarding illumination period. I would think anyone with legitimate lighting concerns has something wrong with their particular Ex.

Our dealer agreed to replace both headlight assemblies and then install HID Bulbs......problem solved. As a side note, we were provided a loaner vehicle, 2015 Explorer with standard halogen lights...you guessed it, same inferior illumination. If you are contemplating the purchase of a new Explorer, consider HID lighting as mandatory.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013 Headlight problem

i just bought a 2013 and have the same concerns - it seems the high beams are way high and left and regular lights show about 4 feet ahead. the dealer hasn't been able to fix it yet - I'm interested if you had any answers yet

It's interesting that all these suggestions involve going to the dealer or change of headlights. I've been to the dealer............ he says there are many people in our rural area that have complained and there is NO adjustment on the headlights.
If you are unfortunate enough to own one of these vehicles in a rural area (no street lights), night time driving is a very dangerous event with no fix available.

It's interesting that all these suggestions involve going to the dealer or change of headlights. I've been to the dealer............ he says there are many people in our rural area that have complained and there is NO adjustment on the headlights.
If you are unfortunate enough to own one of these vehicles in a rural area (no street lights), night time driving is a very dangerous event with no fix available.

Have your dealer install HID bulbs and your problems will be over. I did and the illumination has improved one-hundred percent.

Welcome to the Forum Bigpelican.:wavey:
The dealer is wrong about there being no adjustments. From page 355 of the Owner's Guide;

Vertical Aim Adjustment
The headlamps on your vehicle can only be vertically adjusted. Your
vehicle does not require horizontal aim adjustments.

It explains the procedure for proper aiming.

Also it would be helpful if you added the model of your 2013 to your profile so that it shows in the margin when you post.

Peter

Back