2013 Explorer ordered 4-3-2013 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

2013 Explorer ordered 4-3-2013

JanB

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
We ordered our 2013 over 5 weeks ago. I called our salesman today and he was able to pull up the VIN and production dates of 6-3-13 to 6-10-2013. I am wondering how long it takes to get it after the car is finished. I didn't expect it to take this long and maybe I should have just gotten a 2014.

I can see my window sticker. It says a blend date of 5-30-13 but not sure what this means??

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Fordgrl99

Reaction score
City, State
Unionville Center, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
I can see my window sticker. It says a blend date of 5-30-13 but not sure what this means??

When I ordered my mustang a few years ago I thought the blend date was basically a build date. Will also tell you that I ordered my XLT 2 days after you and have the same blend date. Got a PM from Cory a couple days ago and was advised its in production and should be rolling off the line short. Yea! :)

jetpilot747

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport, 401A, ACC
It would make sense the build date for JabB's to be 5/30 or the following week, since they are starting production of 2014's June 3rd forward. Sounds like JanB will get one of the last of the 2013's.

JanB

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
The salesman said my explorer will be at dealership around 6-6-13 so maybe I will get it in the next week or so.

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
When I ordered my mustang a few years ago I thought the blend date was basically a build date. Will also tell you that I ordered my XLT 2 days after you and have the same blend date. Got a PM from Cory a couple days ago and was advised its in production and should be rolling off the line short. Yea! :)

Woohoo, Fordgrl99! You're that much closer to bringing home your new ride. :)

Crystal

Fordgrl99

Reaction score
City, State
Unionville Center, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
The salesman said my explorer will be at dealership around 6-6-13 so maybe I will get it in the next week or so.

Hey, JanB! Cory told me today my Ex has rolled off the line and is getting ready to start moving to the dealer...no delivery ETA tho....so you may want to PM Cory or Crystal for an update on yours!! ;) I'm hoping to take delivery next week (fingers and toes crossed) in time for our family reunion next weekend!

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
...so you may want to PM Cory or Crystal for an update on yours!!...
Thanks a bunch for the shout-out, Fordgrl99!

For those sending me order status requests, please include your order number and dealer details (name and/or dealer code). :)

Cory