• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer ordered 4-3-2013

JanB

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
We ordered our 2013 over 5 weeks ago. I called our salesman today and he was able to pull up the VIN and production dates of 6-3-13 to 6-10-2013. I am wondering how long it takes to get it after the car is finished. I didn't expect it to take this long and maybe I should have just gotten a 2014.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I placed my order on 3-29. My Explorer was built on 4-26. My latest update shows the Explorer to the Dealership 5-28. I was wondering the same thing how does it take 4 weeks to ship to the dealership in Louisiana.

At least your's is built....i ordered the same day and mine isn't even built yet, is supposedly scheduled for this week but still not seeing my widow sticker...

I've heard 2-4 weeks for shipping, but as with anything, i'm sure it varies a lot depending on location and shipping availability.

This does sound ridiculously long. I ordered mine 5 days after jugheadlsu and production won't start until June 3rd so if it takes 4 weeks after its done I may not get it until mid July! The schedule doesn't make sense to me when even 2 ordered the same day are made weeks apart. It will be an old model by the time I get it.

They are made so far apart because order date isn't really that important when compared to dealer priority and allocation.

We ordered our 2013 over 5 weeks ago. I called our salesman today and he was able to pull up the VIN and production dates of 6-3-13 to 6-10-2013. I am wondering how long it takes to get it after the car is finished. I didn't expect it to take this long and maybe I should have just gotten a 2014.

MY 2014 Job1 was previously set as first week of June so are you sure your not already getting a MY 2014?

The printout the salesman sent me said 2013. I don't know why they would be making 2013 and 2014 the same week. I am going to call him tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

As a reminder, I can check on your Explorer's status and let you know about any updates to the ETA. All I need to get started is a PM with your VIN or dealer name and order number. If you have any questions about your order, I'm happy to do what I can to help; just shoot me a PM and I'll check out options to assist. :)

Crystal

At least your's is built....i ordered the same day and mine isn't even built yet, is supposedly scheduled for this week but still not seeing my widow sticker...

I've heard 2-4 weeks for shipping, but as with anything, i'm sure it varies a lot depending on location and shipping availability.

Placed my order 4/5 and as of yesterday it's supposed to go into production the 1st of June...(sigh)...I hate waiting...esp since dealer told me 4-6 weeks. :)

Dealers tell everyone 4-6 weeks because it sounds "manageable". I was at the dealership March 25th and was told 4-5 weeks. Thanks to Crystal's ability to track the vehicle it went into production on April 26th with an ETA of May 12th.

May 14th and still waiting.....

Dealers tell everyone 4-6 weeks because it sounds "manageable". I was at the dealership March 25th and was told 4-5 weeks. Thanks to Crystal's ability to track the vehicle it went into production on April 26th with an ETA of May 12th.

Hi White Fang,

I just sent you a PM with your updated tracking information. Let me know if you have any questions!

Crystal

Thank you Crystal! Just sent you another PM, thanks for all your help.

So you placed your order the week before me and I'm still not in production yet. Guess my dealer is low on the totem pole! LOL! Hopefully you'll have yours any day now! ;)

Shortly after my post yesterday we got a call from the dealership! We picked her up last night! I have only put 20 miles on it and I am loving it!

Shortly after my post yesterday we got a call from the dealership! We picked her up last night! I have only put 20 miles on it and I am loving it!

Yay! I'm sure you and your Explorer will have many more happy miles together. :)

Crystal

congrats - pics or you are a great big story teller !!!! :)

This does sound ridiculously long. I ordered mine 5 days after jugheadlsu and production won't start until June 3rd so if it takes 4 weeks after its done I may not get it until mid July! The schedule doesn't make sense to me when even 2 ordered the same day are made weeks apart. It will be an old model by the time I get it.

Lucky you....I've ordered mine on febrary 8 and might get it on June 1st if not delayed again... Yes that's 17 weeks lead time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I placed my order on 3-29. My Explorer was built on 4-26. My latest update shows the Explorer to the Dealership 5-28. I was wondering the same thing how does it take 4 weeks to ship to the dealership in Louisiana.

Picked up our Explorer XLT White Platinum on Friday 5-17. Great automobile. We will take it on a 300 mile trip next weekend. From order to delivery 7 weeks. Will post pics soon.

Back