2013 Explorer. Rear driver's side wheel gets hot | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer. Rear driver's side wheel gets hot

Still waiting on that backordered caliper, plus it would be nice to know what is causing this to happen, for the second time now.

Avidday, backorder is for caliper m or that black hose/pipe?
Also, first time: problem was with the same wheel? Did it fix after replacing caliper or hose/pipe?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Avidday, backorder is for caliper m or that black hose/pipe?
Also, first time: problem was with the same wheel? Did it fix after replacing caliper or hose/pipe?
Thanks

Yes it fixed the problem, but it's only been 12-13,000 miles since the first occurrence and here I am getting it done again. It did stop it from getting hot, but I'm not entirely convinced that either part is the root issue, but rather an ABS valve or something else up the line.

Yes it fixed the problem, but it's only been 12-13,000 miles since the first occurrence and here I am getting it done again. It did stop it from getting hot, but I'm not entirely convinced that either part is the root issue, but rather an ABS valve or something else up the line.

I see,
I hope your problem gets fixed. Please let me know how things go with you, it might help me as well.
Thanks

2013 Explorer rear wheel gets hot

What was the fix to this problem? I currently have my 2013 Explorer with 36,500 miles at the dealer and they cant find anything wrong.

What was the fix to this problem? I currently have my 2013 Explorer with 36,500 miles at the dealer and they cant find anything wrong.

I want to escalate this up to your regional customer service manager, GeoJax44. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll push this up the line. :thumbsup:

Crystal

I want to escalate this up to your regional customer service manager, GeoJax44. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll push this up the line. :thumbsup:

Crystal

not sure how to PM. I will call the 800 number thanks

Im having the same issue.Got out to get gas one day after a 30min drive and I could feel the heat. My dealer is startig to piss me off abit. all they did was a service on the caliper sliders, turned the rotors and replaced the pads as they ate through 6mm of pad.

Since the switch it has been better and mileage is back up to where it should be. I use the Parking brake daily but I am still concerned as the fronts never feel warm, the rears do from time to time.

Now my warranty is up (I think this was their plan all along) I am concerned that my wheel bearings have been damaged in the process. I burnt my hand when I touched the rim.

This among other issues with the dealer.

I posted my fix in other Post.
But yes it fixed the problem, I did 2 things dont know which one took care of the business.
1st: bleed the whole (effected) brake pipe line, until you are sure new oil is coming out from brakes, make sure you keep on filling oil in the hood, don't let it empty out.
2nd: I replaced new brake pads which I bought it from ford dealer, pads had sticking glue which actually stuck with caliper not with rotors.
Good luck.

Back