2013 Explorer Rearview Camera Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Rearview Camera Issue

CharlieD

Reaction score
City, State
Hartford,AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
System had been updated several months ago. I tried running update again but system will not let me.
GPS and everything else displays just fine.
Replaced the camera and I get the same flashing multi color display when in reverse.
All other fuses check out and I have backup lights.
Any ideas?

41374856-AC09-428A-9219-0ED038327077.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Charlie. :wave:
Am I right in thinking that the camera you replaced had the same problem? This wouldn't be caused by a fuse. Did you have the new camera programmed to the vehicle? I doubt that that would be the issue but it is required when a camera is replaced. Did you get the correct replacement unit?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Charlie. :wave:
Am I right in thinking that the camera you replaced had the same problem? This wouldn't be caused by a fuse. Did you have the new camera programmed to the vehicle? I doubt that that would be the issue but it is required when a camera is replaced. Did you get the correct replacement unit?

Peter

Thank you for the Welcome.
Have been a lurker for a long while.
Ordered the camera from an online dealer not ebay.
Went by part number.
Wouldn’t something change if I changed out the camera and that was the issue? An error message of some type?
No wrecks, no flooding, no work done just started doing what you see.

Usually there is a message that comes up to see the dealer if there is a problem. I'm not sure which screen it pops up on. It could be the screen that you posted in which case good luck reading it.

Peter

Have a small problem with my 2013 Explorer back up camera. Will work then intemitantly blacks out/pop back on. Sometimes a message pops up
says camera not working see dealer...Dealer was NO HELP!! Is this a switch/connection an independant can do???

Have a small problem with my 2013 Explorer back up camera. Will work then intemitantly blacks out/pop back on. Sometimes a message pops up
says camera not working see dealer...Dealer was NO HELP!! Is this a switch/connection an independant can do???
Welcome to the Forum, Stan. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one. Although it's not quite the same issue, the pop-up message you are getting is the same and usually is an indication that camera is failing. Given its age, it isn't too surprising. Also, when a camera is replaced, it has to be programmed to the vehicle in order to function properly. There are several additional threads on camera failing as well that you can find using the 'Search' feature at the top right of the page. Good luck and please report back with a follow-up when resolved. Thanks.

Peter

Back