2013 explorer sport computer meltdown | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 explorer sport computer meltdown

eh cam

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto,Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer sport
I have had the 13 sport for two months and issues are

1- the MFT is indexing my ipod 90% of the time
2- car would not start . battery is fine .. i would have to get out of the car, lock and unlock the door and after two or three tries ,the car would start.
today the alerts started ...no oil ,blind spot system fault ,check awd
and car refused to start. phoned roadside assistance ... tow truck driver tried to put transmission in park, no such luck, could no figure out how to move vehicle on to the vehicle carrier . that is when i tried the start button and it started.
the alerts/alarms were still going off. It was an electronics yardsale.
Also .. the while driving in traffic 30 mph, the vehicle shut down , steering was stiff, brakes barely worked . a person of slight build would have had a tough time

anybody have similar issues?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First time I've heard or seen that. Sounds like a CPU issue.

Is your battery at the right voltage and alternator working properly? Only thing other then the computer I could think of.

The green light is displayed on the battery . I will know more tomorrow
thanks

I have had the 13 sport for two months and issues are

1- the MFT is indexing my ipod 90% of the time
2- car would not start . battery is fine .. i would have to get out of the car, lock and unlock the door and after two or three tries ,the car would start.
today the alerts started ...no oil ,blind spot system fault ,check awd
and car refused to start. phoned roadside assistance ... tow truck driver tried to put transmission in park, no such luck, could no figure out how to move vehicle on to the vehicle carrier . that is when i tried the start button and it started.
the alerts/alarms were still going off. It was an electronics yardsale.
Also .. the while driving in traffic 30 mph, the vehicle shut down , steering was stiff, brakes barely worked . a person of slight build would have had a tough time

anybody have similar issues?
Under certain conditions it IS possible to take the vehicle out of Park with engine off. Check out the section Brake-Shift Interlock in your Owner`s Guide.

I would certainly get your Explorer to the dealer as soon as possible. Good luck, eh.

Peter

my Sport has a bunch of other issues, not the same as your yet. I would do a full reset by diconnecting the batter

Welcome to the Sport issue crowd....

It's electrical wiring issue. There was a Ford Interceptor stuck at the dealership when I went to service one day. I was like what's wrong, and the dealer was like, oh that Interceptor has electrical issues. Probably a Friday car.

I have a 2013 Explorer XLT and have had non stop problems with my Nav/Sync System. I've taken it in multiple times and it has yet to be fixed. The navigation freezes frequently, if I put in an address most times it will freeze and not work. The entire system resets frequently. The bluetooth is always randomly dropping the phone call. Or when I'm on my phone it won't pick up the call, but a few minutes in it then randomly switches over. When it does sometimes it works sometimes i have to switch back to hands free.

electrical issues fixed

My 13 sport issue was a badly connected cable to the computer , 1 1/2 hours of troubleshooting , thanks everyone for the support cheers gilles

We had a similar thing happen to our 2005 Feeestyle back in 2008. Turns out the Restraint Control Module computer short circuited and caused all of the computers in the car to go haywire. Tropical Ford in Orlando (we were on vacation at the time!) took care of it under warranty, but it took three days.

Never has it felt so bad having to stay at Disney for an extra three days.

My 13 sport issue was a badly connected cable to the computer , 1 1/2 hours of troubleshooting , thanks everyone for the support cheers gilles

Thanks for the update, Gilles! I'm glad to hear that everything was resolved. :)

Crystal

Back