2013 Explorer Sport ORDER DEADLINE! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport ORDER DEADLINE!

JRLWeasle

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I have read in some places on this forum that the deadline was today. Is that correct? I called my local dealers to place my order today and solidify my deal and one dealer told me that you CANNOT place anymore orders and one said that I have until the 25th. Does anyone have any idea? Maybe Crystal can help me out. I do not want to place an order with a dealer that is not telling me the truth or was misinformed. My current lease ends relatively soon and I do not want to be without a car obviously and a shady deal.

Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have read in some places on this forum that the deadline was today. Is that correct? I called my local dealers to place my order today and solidify my deal and one dealer told me that you CANNOT place anymore orders and one said that I have until the 25th. Does anyone have any idea? Maybe Crystal can help me out. I do not want to place an order with a dealer that is not telling me the truth or was misinformed. My current lease ends relatively soon and I do not want to be without a car obviously and a shady deal.

Thanks for the help.

That's correct, yesterday 4/12 was the last day to order a '13. However, you can order a '14 which starts production on 6/3.

I sometimes wish I had just ordered a 14, but then how long down the wait list for 14 would I be. You have a bunch of people who have ordered when the deadline opened as well as all the dealer stock orders all ahead of me. Glad I ordered a 13 in the end, but wish it was going to be here sooner.

I'm not really worried about the depreciation part as I keep things a long time and will most likely own the Explorer for 10 years anyway so 1 year doesn't mean much.

I have read in some places on this forum that the deadline was today. Is that correct?...

Hi JRLWeasle,

It looks like Riley has already answered your question, but I did want to let you know that I can track your order for you if you decide to go for a 2014. Just send me a PM with your order number and dealer name; I'll give you weekly updates on your Explorer's status!

That's correct, yesterday 4/12 was the last day to order a '13. However, you can order a '14 which starts production on 6/3.

Thanks for helping out, Riley!

Crystal

I ordered a 2013 Explorer Sport on April 2nd. My dealer salesperson doesn't seem like he wants to give me order number so I can track it. It's been 2 weeks and they stated at order time that typically i would have a VIN at approximately 2 weeks.

Is there way to get status without dealer giving me order number?

I had the same issues with my dealer, all I can say is call and talk to someone other they your sales person, preferably a manager. I had to keep hounding and then finally I got a VIN number, still never told me my order number after all that hassle.

I ordered a 2013 Explorer Sport on April 2nd. My dealer salesperson doesn't seem like he wants to give me order number so I can track it. It's been 2 weeks and they stated at order time that typically i would have a VIN at approximately 2 weeks.

Is there way to get status without dealer giving me order number?

Hi pickle71,

I'll need either a VIN or order number/dealer name to track an order. You can reach out to the sales manager at your dealership; they'll be able to assist you.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Crystal

I understand the deadline has passed, but what if a dealer had more 2013 explorers allocated to him to be able to build. Would they then be able to order a sport still for 2013?

I understand the deadline has passed, but what if a dealer had more 2013 explorers allocated to him to be able to build. Would they then be able to order a sport still for 2013?

No. There has to be a definitive cutoff date to allow the plant to build out the remaining orders in the system for this model year. It's not Ford's fault dealers didn't order all their allocations before the cutoff.

Back