2013 Explorer Sport rear air not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport rear air not working

yglide123

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Limited '13 Sport
Hi All,

Just purchased a new-to-me 2013 Explorer Sport only to realize the rear air conditioning doesn't work. You can access the controls from the touch screen in the front, or transfer control to the rear control - but no matter what you do, no air blows out of either upper or lower rear vents. The lights on the rear control unit turn on, but the blower fan doesn't ever turn on. I even tried pulling the rear panel and changing the blower motor to no avail. Any other thoughts on what it could be? Thinking of trying to change the rear blower motor control module next, but would rather not just blindly through parts at it. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nevermind.... Tried changing the fuse (not that) and the relay (that!) and now it works.

Before you changed the blower motor did you check the fuses/relays? I'm guessing the name is 'Auxiliary Blower Motor'.
Check your Owner's Manual, pages 325 and 326. Looks like there may 3 items in play for that motor.
Do you still have your Eddie Bauer? If so, please add your 'new' Sport to a signature so we know what you have. Thanks.

Peter

I guess we posted at the same time.:)

you were spot on though! And yes, we're a 2 Explorer household at the moment...

Back