2013 explorer - tie rod torque | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 explorer - tie rod torque

dfox52

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Anyone know the torque specs for tie rods on 2013 Explorer XLT 4x4? - Need torque specs for both Inner and Outer tie rods. I found specs for some older models but not sure they still apply.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know the torque specs for tie rods on 2013 Explorer XLT 4x4? - Need torque specs for both Inner and Outer tie rods. I found specs for some older models but not sure they still apply.

Thanks
Here´s the complete front suspension

Attachments

• Front Suspension.pdf
    685.1 KB · Views: 761

That is Awesome... Thanks so much! Only thing missing is the inner tie rod torque :( Maybe just "good and tight" :)
The tie rod is part of the control arm, the other torque specs are there. What is the inner tie rod?

The tie rod is part of the control arm, the other torque specs are there. What is the inner tie rod?
Tie rod is in two sections... Inner and outer. Outer tie rod conects to the knuckle and threads to the inner tie rod. Inner tie rod connects to the sway bar. The inner tie rod is covered by the rubber bellows. Tie rods are considered part of the steering assembly and not so much the vehicle suspension.

1427e972224962cc5e091198601fd9d3.png

Tie rod is in two sections... Inner and outer. Outer tie rod conects to the knuckle and threads to the inner tie rod. Inner tie rod connects to the sway bar. The inner tie rod is covered by the rubber bellows. Tie rods are considered part of the steering assembly and not so much the vehicle suspension.

View attachment 324375
Ok, got it, it´s part of the steering.

Attachments

• Inner tie rod.pdf
    517.3 KB · Views: 277

Ya... hundreds of "manuals" out there. Some are scams. This one seems pretty decent so I wondered which one it is. Is this the Haynes manual?

Ya... hundreds of "manuals" out there. Some are scams. This one seems pretty decent so I wondered which one it is. Is this the Haynes manual?
Nothing was showing. Check it out on amazon or haynes website.

Link won’t work. What is the tie rod torque specs? Also can’t find it on the internet.
Link worked fine for me. I'm not sure if this is what you're after. I copied it from the link;
1620407768608.png

Peter

Back