2013 Explorer XLT heat switches to ac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer XLT heat switches to ac

mvhyden

Reaction score
City, State
East Moline, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer xlt
In colder weather with climate control set to AUTO, the system will switch to ac and sets temp to LO and fan on max. I try changing the temp, but it won't change. I try shutting the climate system off, but it immediately comes back on in the same condition. Usually after 4 or 5 times it will shut off. I have tried setting the temp lower, but it still happens. (I have my temp set to 70.) I've had to keep it off AUTO and manually change fan to avoid the issue. Anyone else experience this? Can't find any answers.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You can try to disconnect the negative cable from the battery for 10 minutes or so before reconnecting. That has been know to fix some issues. Keep in mind that you will likely lose some saved memory settings doing this.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You can try to disconnect the negative cable from the battery for 10 minutes or so before reconnecting. That has been know to fix some issues. Keep in mind that you will likely lose some saved memory settings doing this.

Peter
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try when our weather warms up a little. Currently running around 0.

In colder weather with climate control set to AUTO, the system will switch to ac and sets temp to LO and fan on max. I try changing the temp, but it won't change. I try shutting the climate system off, but it immediately comes back on in the same condition. Usually after 4 or 5 times it will shut off. I have tried setting the temp lower, but it still happens. (I have my temp set to 70.) I've had to keep it off AUTO and manually change fan to avoid the issue. Anyone else experience this? Can't find any answers.
I have the same kind of problem with my 2013 Ford Explorer mine is when I have the heat on out of nowhere the air conditioner comes on full blast on high this is an intermittent problem I've had it to two garages and the dealer nobody can seem to find out what the problem is does anybody have any answers or can help I appreciate it

Back