2013 Explorer XLT - Sync complete POS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer XLT - Sync complete POS

Just picked it up from the dealership.
SAME ISSUE. This time I got a video of it while I was driving.
Not the safest thing to do but I was alone in the car and wanted to capture the event.

Now back to Ford Customer Service.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GVLadybug you have the grounds for Lemon Law replacement.
Not necessarily. Lemon laws vary by state and not all are the same.

GVLadybug -

It really sounds like a bad computer (APIM) or something. Your symptoms are way to extreme for most other issues that have been seen over time.

One thing that caused problems for another user was having thousands of contacts and auto updating. How many contacts do you have on your phone? Is it set to auto update? if so, turn auto update off, for starters. Got tons of music on it?

When you are starting up, try having the phone turned off, take out the Nav card, then see what happens. Then put in the nav card, start up, and see what happens.

Then turn the phone on after starting up and see if your issues recur.

If you have another iPhone around, or a friend's, shut yours off, pair the other one, and see if the problems recur.

Go at it one step at a time, and layer in your variables in the process one at a time. If you have the same issues with no phone and no nav card attached, then you have bigger issues.

If you've done this, and the problems are still happening, it's got to be a hardware problem in MFT. Way too many iPhones work with the system. And you shouldn't be getting random restarts every day. I get them, but once every few weeks.

Still not acceptable, but I live with this POS from Ford. Amazing how my friends' BMWs and Mercedes systems work flawlessly!

Not necessarily. Lemon laws vary by state and not all are the same.

GVLadybug -

It really sounds like a bad computer (APIM) or something. Your symptoms are way to extreme for most other issues that have been seen over time.

One thing that caused problems for another user was having thousands of contacts and auto updating. How many contacts do you have on your phone? Is it set to auto update? if so, turn auto update off, for starters. Got tons of music on it?

When you are starting up, try having the phone turned off, take out the Nav card, then see what happens. Then put in the nav card, start up, and see what happens.

Then turn the phone on after starting up and see if your issues recur.

If you have another iPhone around, or a friend's, shut yours off, pair the other one, and see if the problems recur.

Go at it one step at a time, and layer in your variables in the process one at a time. If you have the same issues with no phone and no nav card attached, then you have bigger issues.

If you've done this, and the problems are still happening, it's got to be a hardware problem in MFT. Way too many iPhones work with the system. And you shouldn't be getting random restarts every day. I get them, but once every few weeks.

Still not acceptable, but I live with this POS from Ford. Amazing how my friends' BMWs and Mercedes systems work flawlessly!

had me until you said BMW flawless. My friend loves my explorer. he said his BMW is a POS and it's a 2012. Tech is one thing that can be an issue for anyone.

Bavarian Money Waster is what he's been calling his car. For some reason they put sensors under the spare tire for the drive system. He had an ice chest that spilled a little maybe a cup of water. it leaked into the compartment and cost him over $6000 to get them replaced. It wasn't covered by his extended service or maintenance plans. But who in their right mind would put an ice chest in the trunk...

I know a guy with a VERY expensive Audi. The technology in it was simply horrible, it made him give up the car. Couple of times he couldnt drive it. His Maserati was modestly better. He has a Porche now that actually seems to work pretty well and he likes this one. It is also a less pervasive and far reaching suite of technology though very functional and slick looking.

I agree tech in cars is an equal opportunity.... challenge - and expensive does not directly correlate to flawless as far as I have seen. What correlates to 'challenging' is the complexity of the system and how many systems it attempts to integrate with and control.

I honestly believe - after seeing plenty of tech in cars... that the MFT/Sync system, for what it does and how it behaves.. is not bad compared to just about any system I have seen. It is what it is - its a bit complicated under the covers and that cuts both ways - good and bad. Its not a toaster and its not a just a mechanical bank of knobs and switches.

Unfortunately it has taken the automakers - an not just Ford - a long time to really get their arms around deploying customer facing software - and not just hardware.

Well im supposed to pickup my '13 EXP Sport later today...i think I might reconsider after seeing all these issues with MFT. That was one of the main reasons for getting the SUV. I might stick with a Euro SUV.

Well im supposed to pickup my '13 EXP Sport later today...i think I might reconsider after seeing all these issues with MFT. That was one of the main reasons for getting the SUV. I might stick with a Euro SUV.

If the MFT was one of your main reasons, and considering all the other Exp issues, I'd pass......I should have ! best regards Plum

Back