2013 Focus ST, calibration development vehicle | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Focus ST, calibration development vehicle

Finally drove one today. Looked just like the one on your dyno.

IMO the car is too quiet. Not enough excitement when you get on it, between the smoothness and the quietness, it doesn't feel fast. It definitely gets up to speed quick, I was doing 80 in no time, but it felt like I might as well have been driving a 6000lb Cadillac...

After an exhaust swap and tune I'm sure it would be a lot more fun to drive.

Oh, the biggest issue for me is the Recaro seats. I'm 5' 7" and 200lbs. My ribcage was being squeezed on both sides from the super thick bolsters. They said they would swap them out for stock Focus seats. Not sure that's the approach I want to go with yet. I may just keep the Recaros and have them re-upholstered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah the recaro's aren't for everyone. You can order the base ST and get the non recaro ST Seat in it instead.

Finally drove one today. Looked just like the one on your dyno.

IMO the car is too quiet. Not enough excitement when you get on it, between the smoothness and the quietness, it doesn't feel fast. It definitely gets up to speed quick, I was doing 80 in no time, but it felt like I might as well have been driving a 6000lb Cadillac...

After an exhaust swap and tune I'm sure it would be a lot more fun to drive.

Oh, the biggest issue for me is the Recaro seats. I'm 5' 7" and 200lbs. My ribcage was being squeezed on both sides from the super thick bolsters. They said they would swap them out for stock Focus seats. Not sure that's the approach I want to go with yet. I may just keep the Recaros and have them re-upholstered.

We had the first Custom Tuned Focus ST on the planet to begin, then first to market with SCT custom tuning for our customers.

So I figured I would kick things up a notch with this graph :

attachment.php

What did it take to make that kind of power?

Very nice:burnout:

Once I have validation complete I will outline the details.

Back