2013 Ford Explorer Fuel Filter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Fuel Filter

gajidele

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
Thanks to the administrators of this forum and all the members!

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. While driving, it starts jerking, slows down and eventually stop. This has happened about 4 times in the past 3 weeks. Was told it could be the fuel filter. Finding it difficult to get the fuel filter p/n. Another opinion is that the fuel filter is inside the fuel pump inside the fuel thank.

Is there a fuel filter? Can this be changed without changing the fuel pump?

Appreciate your advice in advance. Thanks!

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. While driving, it starts jerking, slows down and eventually stop. This has happened about 4 times in the past 3 weeks. Was told it could be the fuel filter. Finding it difficult to get the fuel filter p/n. Another opinion is that the fuel filter is inside the fuel pump inside the fuel thank.

It's in the tank, and I think part of the pump.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I did not see the filter specifically identified here; Fuel System Components for 2013 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
As for the part number, why not contact the dealer parts department. I found a few filters on the site I linked but couldn't say which is correct.

Peter

Back