2013 Ford Explorer Limited Ambient Lighting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Limited Ambient Lighting

Chrisdavisbfd

Reaction score
City, State
Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
Hey all,

I'm new here and also the new owner of an explorer.

Im a volunteer firefighter so im authorized to run lights and sirens in my vehicle. With that being said I wanted to make everything as clean as possible when I installed my lights siren and radios so I purchased a havis console to replace the whole factory center console.

I removed the oem center console as described in the instructions and carefully on clipped all wires and harness. Unfortunately I dont know what happened but now my ambient lighting is always on purple and sometimes flickers. The control on my ford sync will not change colors nor turn the lights on or off. The ambient lighting also stays on after the vehicle is powered off and doors are locked.

Is there a fuse for these lights? Any idea why.they would always be.on?

Thanks.in advance for the help.

Hey all,

I'm new here and also the new owner of an explorer.

Im a volunteer firefighter so im authorized to run lights and sirens in my vehicle. With that being said I wanted to make everything as clean as possible when I installed my lights siren and radios so I purchased a havis console to replace the whole factory center console.

I removed the oem center console as described in the instructions and carefully on clipped all wires and harness. Unfortunately I dont know what happened but now my ambient lighting is always on purple and sometimes flickers. The control on my ford sync will not change colors nor turn the lights on or off. The ambient lighting also stays on after the vehicle is powered off and doors are locked.

Is there a fuse for these lights? Any idea why.they would always be.on?

Thanks.in advance for the help.
Welcome to the Forum Chrisdavisbfd.:wavey:
If you check page 329 of your Owner`s Manual you will see that fuse /12 controls the Console bin LED and a few other items. Not sure if this is the one you want or not. I scanned through both fuse panels and did not see anything specifically designated for 'Ambient Lighting'.

There is a 9 page thread in the 'Discussion' forum; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307783&highlight=ambient but I doubt it addresses your issue. That is why I will move your thread/post to the 'Modified' forum where someone may be able to help. Since you did remove the console, I doubt that the IVT forum is the place for this now.
Good luck.

Peter

Back