2013 Ford Explorer limited central hub USB and SD slot issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer limited central hub USB and SD slot issue

Milan Stojic

Reaction score
City, State
KATY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer limited
hi everyone

I have a strange issue with the central media hub on my 2013 explorer. Cigarette lighter works and has power, but neither of the 2 USB ports give out power and navigation says "insert ad card", and seems not to have power either. I have a fuse diagram but nothing points specifically to this section and I'm puzzled to which fuse controls this to check it. I also don't want to pay $130 for diagnostic for this to my local dealer before I exhaust all the options I have doing it myself. If I could replace a whole suspension on my mustang, front to back, with basic tools and floor jacks, I should be able to troubleshoot this. Unfortunately I can't find anyone specifically talking about an issue such as I have.

Any help would be grateful appreciated.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I realize this is an old thread but im having the same issues. Was this ever resolved? Thanks!

I realize this is an old thread but im having the same issues. Was this ever resolved? Thanks!
Yeah. my issue was that some water got into the module inside that central console. I replaced it with a used one off of eBay, and it worked like a charm. it was cheap. i think i paid like $30-$40. its very easy to replace. I did check my fuses though, so you should check yours before ordering a replacement one.

Thanks for the reply! I pulled my unit the other day to find that it had been wet before as well (sticky goo left behind when a soft drink is spilled was all over it). I ordered a used unit from eBay and hope to have it by this weekend.

New interface fixed it right up...thanks!

Back