2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Engine Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Engine Issue

ExplorerSport_JD

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Thank you to all the active contributors. This is a great site to get ideas. I made some cosmetic updates to my Explorer. However at 72k miles on my way to work my engine hesitated then started knocking. My regular dealer diagnosed that the #2 cylinder had blown up. They wanted 9k to replace the block. Thru my network I found another dealer and the best solution was an engine replacement from LKQ. I contacted Ford Corporate, however I was shocked at the lack of empathy with their response. Any advice from the group here? I enjoy my Explorer. however I feel like I have been left in the wind by the Manuf.

#looking4help

Thank you to all the active contributors. This is a great site to get ideas. I made some cosmetic updates to my Explorer. However at 72k miles on my way to work my engine hesitated then started knocking. My regular dealer diagnosed that the #2 cylinder had blown up. They wanted 9k to replace the block. Thru my network I found another dealer and the best solution was an engine replacement from LKQ. I contacted Ford Corporate, however I was shocked at the lack of empathy with their response. Any advice from the group here? I enjoy my Explorer. however I feel like I have been left in the wind by the Manuf.

Seems like this would be a good time to upgrade the engine?
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP750100

4543688+_8c6af61c766762166c710fcca06061f5.jpg

Back