2013 limited "demo" with 12000km on it | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 limited "demo" with 12000km on it

Morrow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hyundai Santa fe
Hey guys,
I'm looking into trying to get a deal on a 2013 limited demo with 12kKM (i guess about 9k miles) on it.
Driven by the sales director and owner's wife (which is always what they say..)

I find that it's more "used" than new even though it would be considered as new. MSRP of the vehicules with extra option is 47350$Cad.

I was thinking of offering 20% off the MSRP.

You guys think it's too much? I test drove it and cars ran nicely, didnt see anything at first hand like weird noises and such...

Thanks for the feedback...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys,
I'm looking into trying to get a deal on a 2013 limited demo with 12kKM (i guess about 9k miles) on it.
Driven by the sales director and owner's wife (which is always what they say..)

I find that it's more "used" than new even though it would be considered as new. MSRP of the vehicules with extra option is 47350$Cad.

I was thinking of offering 20% off the MSRP.

You guys think it's too much? I test drove it and cars ran nicely, didnt see anything at first hand like weird noises and such...

Thanks for the feedback...
Welcome to the Forum Morrow.:wavey:
20% off MRSP may sound like a fair offer but according to some comparables in my area (Ottawa) that would be low. Autotrader.ca shows a 2013 Limited demo with 11,340 Km and dealer is asking $49,600. A 2013 Sport with 21,477 Km is listed at $45,999. There is no way that I would even consider paying those prices since you can likely get a 2014 new for that.
You would also have to know what 'equipment group' the vehicle has. 300A, 301A or top of the line 302A. I 'built' a 2014 Limited on the Ford.ca website with the top 302A package and didn't add any extra options like a moonroof and it came to $45,042.
I think you could offer the 20% reduction as an opening offer and see where it goes. In any case, the decision will be yours and as I've always maintained, a good deal is one that you are happy with.

Peter

That sounds like a lot of miles (km) for a 2013. The sales director and owner's wife must have taken a couple cross-country trips in it. Sure it isn't a lease car?

That sounds like a lot of miles (km) for a 2013. The sales director and owner's wife must have taken a couple cross-country trips in it. Sure it isn't a lease car?
Do mean lease or daily rental? Mine is lease and in 2 1/2 years I have put only 15,000 km (9350 mi) on it. A daily rental has to be advertised as such. Not sure about a leased vehicle.
Also don't forget that the 2012 was a very short model year and the 2013's came out in March 2012.

Peter

This would be an untitled car, still on MSO (Manufacturer Statement of Origin), which is why it would still be titled as "new", even with that mileage. 20% off will probably be a fairly low offer, but the worst thing they will say is "no", or come back with a counter offer. For reference, our company cars would be sold to the dealers with a 1% discount off of dealer price for every 1,000 miles. We were allowed up to 9,000 miles every 6 months, so with max miles it would be about 24% off of MSRP.

Welcome to the Forum Morrow.:wavey:
20% off MRSP may sound like a fair offer but according to some comparables in my area (Ottawa) that would be low. Autotrader.ca shows a 2013 Limited demo with 11,340 Km and dealer is asking $49,600. A 2013 Sport with 21,477 Km is listed at $45,999. There is no way that I would even consider paying those prices since you can likely get a 2014 new for that.
You would also have to know what 'equipment group' the vehicle has. 300A, 301A or top of the line 302A. I 'built' a 2014 Limited on the Ford.ca website with the top 302A package and didn't add any extra options like a moonroof and it came to $45,042.
I think you could offer the 20% reduction as an opening offer and see where it goes. In any case, the decision will be yours and as I've always maintained, a good deal is one that you are happy with.

Peter

Thanks ;)

I did look, as for some reason I thought it was 302A but seems like it's 300A from window sheet. So limited, floor mats, trailer tow and voice act nav as extras.

The ones I found also had the sunroof most of the time and I'm not sure about the package 300A or else.

I'm going to check out a 300A 2014 and see what I get as price, and I'll start from there with the 20% of and see...

Morrow

Peter: At your Driver rate for miles, no wonder nothing ever goes wrong on your Exp. It's a wonder you can remember how to drive at all....You need to take the Dogs, and go on a long vacation....see you in Florida this Winter.

Peter: At your Driver rate for miles, no wonder nothing ever goes wrong on your Exp. It's a wonder you can remember how to drive at all....You need to take the Dogs, and go on a long vacation....see you in Florida this Winter.
That's why I love my vehicle. Every time I get in it's like a new experience! ;):thumbsup:
My last fill up was 2 1/2 months after the previous one.:D
Sorry, won't be heading to Florida any time soon. As a coach, my hockey season is about to begin.

Peter

Autotrader.ca shows a 2013 Limited demo with 11,340 Km and dealer is asking $49,600.

Peter

I did look at the 49600$ one. As far as I can tell, the polish wheels (1100$ option), the package 302A (2700$) + the roof (1750ish$) all before taxes are all extras that I don't have on the other one. That's an extra 5500$ish - nav option = 4800$.

only thing is I don't know if all the Ford employee pricing stuff is included or if it would be reduced from that 49600$. I would definately go for that one if I can get the 20%ish rebate on that 49600$ rather than the other one at like 37500ish...

I might actually give them a call to know that information...

I would not pay more the. 20% off. Invoice is approximately 10% off msrp plus dealer gets a 3% holdback so you are already looking at their cost is 13% of msrp. So you are only offering 7% roughly of a loss from the dealership for something that has 9,000 miles on it.

If the scenario was reversed and you were looming to trade it in, they would offer you at least 25% off msrp as they need to turn around and sell it with a profit. They wouldn't hesitate to low ball you and you shouldn't either. I'd go in at 25% off msrp to have a little room to negotiate.

Back