2013 Limited w/ 2nd row buckets (Deep Impact Blue) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Limited w/ 2nd row buckets (Deep Impact Blue)

Gatortailale

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Reston, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
Got my window sticker today!
:chug:

Build date 5/15/12 :thumbsup:

History - I did originally plan to order the XLT with 2nd row buckets. I started the thread here on that topic. But due to delays in getting the 2nd row bucket seats for XLT, there was delays from Mar. 5; to May 7; and now currently told July 9. So out of concern that come late June the XLT build may get pushed off again, I decided to upgrade to a Limited.

3/23 - reivew original DORA for XLT build
4/19 - get news of new hold on XLT
4/21 - talk with dealer on modifying order
4/23 - review new DORA & submit new modified order to Limited
4/26 - order submitted and VIN assigned
5/9 -window sticker available.

:party:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I too ordered a deep impact blue limited, just got the VIN number and forwarded by PM to Cory for a status update.

Has anyone seend the difference between the 2013 Deep Impact Blue and the 2012 Dark Blue Pearl Metallic?

On the website they seem to have almost the same picture (probably the same though the roof rail ends look different (chrome vs black))

I'm hoping to get more delivery info from Cory today on this (should be immminent I think).

We also specified bucket second row with console in charcoal black, no sunroof.

Here are the build details basedon the VIN# - its a long list (with some oddball stuff...)

Primary Features

Build Date: 23.04.2012
Vehicle Line: Explorer
Body Style: 4 Door Wagon
Series: Ford Series
Engine: 3.5L V6 Cyclone TIVCT
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55
Drive: LHD 4WD (FTD)
Axle Ratio: 3.65 Final Drive Ratio
Emission: With 49 State/Non Green State Req
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Paint: Deep Impact Blue

Minor Features

Charcoal Black Interior
Rear End Fascia - Level 1
Front Scuff Plates - Bright
Rear Scuff Plates - Bright
Less Body Armour
With Front Fascia - Level 1
Driver & Passenger Seat Map Pockets
Tailgate Applique - Bright
With Power Liftgate
Limited
Chicago Plant Build
With Standard Duty Terrain Pack
Less Appearance Group
Feature Content Group 1
2013 Job #1 Program Control
For Normal Temperature Zones
With English Language Label
Owner Hand Book Pack
Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do
With Electric Rear Windows
With Privacy Glass
Less E-Marked Glass
With Front Side Laminated Glass
Console Top Plate - Finish 2
Standard Ovrhed Console & With Rail
Centre Console - Level 2
With 2nd Row Console
With Carpet Floor Covering Level 1
Front Floor Carpet Mats
Rear Floor Carpet Mats
With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers
With Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger
Door Trim Panel - Level 6
With Load Retention Net
Interior Grab Handles - Front/Rear
With Painted Front Grille
Roof Rack - Silver Painted Rails
Lower Body Side Moulding - Chrome
Inside Mirror With Auto Wipe Sensor
Dual Pwr/Heat/Mem/Pud Lmp/Sig Mr
With Drivers Heated And Cooled Seat
With Pass Heated And Cooled Seat
With 2nd Row Quad Power Fold Seat
With 3rd Row High Level Seat
With Driver 10 Way Pwr Seat Adjust
With Pass 10 Way Power Seat Adjust
With Programmable Driver Seat
Seat Control Program-Rear
With Class III Trailer Towing
Less Special Service Vehicles 2
Less Special SRVC Vehicles 3
With Engine Oil Cooler
With Chrome Exterior Door Handle
With Leather Gear Shift Knob
Less Fleet Key
Less Keyed Alike Options
Frequency - 315MHZ
With Central Locking System
With Illuminated Door Entry Keypad
Keyless Entry - Key Fob/ID Card
Capless Fuel Filler Without Lock
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Less Sun Roof
Less Tu-Tone Accent Colour
Less Front License Plate Bracket
Less License Plate Bracket - Rear
Rear Seat Belts-2nd Row Inflatable
17" Mini Steel Spare Wheel
20 X 8.5" Painted Alum Euro Flange
Spare Tyre - T165/80D17
Less Wheel Covers
Less Immersion Heater
With Remote Starter
With 49 State/Non Green State Req
3.65 Final Drive Ratio
With Dual Chrome Exhaust Extension
Standard Duty Fr/Rr Calp And Pads
Roll Stability Control (RSC) Brakes
Normal Fuel Fill
Less DVD Pack - FIA
Less Rear Bumper Protector
Roof Rack Cross Bars - FIA
Floor Shift
Select Shift Tech (SST) W/Pad Shift
Less Transmission Power Take Off
With Aux Overhead Heater And A/C
FFV-(Ethanol) Fuel
With Memory Adjustable Foot Pedals
With TAS-40 Power Steering
Power Tilt/Telescopic Strg Column
Less Steering Column Lock
With Luxury Steering Wheel
With Heated Steering Wheel
With Adaptive Speed Control
Redundant Controls-Steering Wheel 2
With High Series Cluster
With MPH/KMH Speedometer
Tyre Inflation Monitor
Outside Temp Thermometer
With Compass Display
With Navigation System
Lane Departure Warning System
With Reverse Proximity Sensor
With Blind Spot Monitoring
Human Machine Interface 4
With Perimeter Anti-Theft
With Automated Parking System
Battery 1 72 AMP (650CCA)
Heavy Duty Alternator
110V Power Convertor
With Region 1 Electronic Equipment
AM/FM CD/Clock
With Satellite Radio Reception
Audio Option Pack 3
HD Radio Broadcast
Satellite Antenna (SDARS)
With Level 3 Sound System
Less Speaker Wiring - 2 Way Radio
Less Radio Suppression
Microphone
Sync II
With Universal Garage Door Opener
Less Wiring Prep
Less Power Point Plug - Rear
Rear View Camera-Fixed
High Intensity Discharge Headlamp
Less Daytime Running Lamps
With Front Fog Lamps
Less Spot Light
Less Right Hand Spot Light
Lighting Package Level A
Less Header Mounted Map Light
With Front And Rear Lamp Bulb
With Glove Box Illumination
Tail lamps - Level 1
Less Rear Fog Lamps
With Auto High Lamp Headlamp
Less Wiring Harness
Less Power Distribution Box - Front
Deep Impact Blue
Generic Country Group 1

Alan

Congrats to you Alan in Az.

You can see if you have window sticker here: cut and paste and add in vin at end with no brackets

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=[insert VIN here]

Cory - Next race - the Deep Impact Blue Grand Prix. We will have to see who gets delivery first, Alan in AZ, or me in VA. Maybe our rides will be on the assembly line together. :D

Thanks for that - got the window sticker - feels almost real now...

We shall see...

Alan

...Cory - Next race - the Deep Impact Blue Gran Prix. We will have to see who gets delivery first, Alan in AZ, or me in VA. Maybe our rides will be on the assembly line together. :D
Great idea, Gatortailale! However, it might be a pretty short race. :)

Thanks for that - got the window sticker - feels almost real now...

We shall see...
Alan,

I replied to your PM with some great news! :D

Cory

Great idea, Gatortailale! However, it might be a pretty short race. :)
Cory

:eek:
Does this mean my ride only exists as a pile of parts with build date and Alan's is on the convoy carrier almost to his dealer?

:eek:
Does this mean my ride only exists as a pile of parts with build date and Alan's is on the convoy carrier almost to his dealer?
That’s about right, Gatortailale. However, Alan ordered a lot earlier than you! :D

Cory

Well - yes - its at the dealer since yesterday. Unfortunately we were busy yesterday & out of town today so tomorrow Friday 5/11 is the big day....

Alan

Well we did go to pick up the car today - got to drive it, crawl all over it and give it a good check out - unfortunately its going back to the dealer for some work.

The passenger door does not close well. Gaps are OK but it take a really solid slam for it to close properly - took my wife three attempts. It also has a small ding under the handle (in the panel before paint I think). The latch adjustment should be an easy issue.

Paintless dent repair for the ding...?

The rear hatch is also not well aligned - side to side gaps are OK (I've seen some very bad ones) but the panels are not close to flush at the back - should be an easy adjustment.

Even more obviously - the dealer did not install (or deliver) the roof rails and cargo cover - these were on the window sticker (as dealer installed options).

Not a great start...

We like the color - seems a whole lot deeper/richer than the old Blue Pearl Metalic which is all we had seen when we ordered it.

Usually looks deep blue, sometime almost a hint of purple in the right light. We liked it very much, preferred over the lighter old one.

Now we have to wait at least until Monday...

Gatortailale - you may still be in with a shot in this race - though we have at least driven ours...

Alan

On lighter note - here are some of my favorites from the detailed build list

Less Body Armour ... (!! what does more body armour look like?)

Less Appearance Group ... (does that mean Ugly?)

2013 Job #1 Program Control ... (maybe not see above)

For Normal Temperature Zones ... (Phoenix is a normal temperature zone?)

Less Immersion Heater ... (where we are originally from an immersion heater is in the bathroom)

Redundant Controls-Steering Wheel 2 ... (my wife asked "what good are they if they are redundant?")

Human Machine Interface 4 ... (I'm worried we will be assimilated)

Generic Country Group 1 (...and we though the USA was special)

Crap, and I thought they were going to put everyone else on hold when I ordered mine. I don't even have a VIN yet.

Crap, and I thought they were going to put everyone else on hold when I ordered mine. I don't even have a VIN yet.

LOL, that is the way it should work :D

...Usually looks deep blue, sometime almost a hint of purple in the right light. We liked it very much, preferred over the lighter old one.

Now we have to wait at least until Monday...
Congrats on your Explorer arriving, Alan! I’m confident your dealer will take care of you. We can’t wait for pics! :D

...I don't even have a VIN yet.
I’ve been keeping an eye on your order, Since95. Check in with me via PM, and I’ll keep you updated. :)

Cory

Just got back into town & saw post from Cory in this thread. Was hoping for news / confirmation my Ex will have its born on date tomorrow. Window sticker shows a 5/15/12 build date.

Just got back into town & saw post from Cory in this thread. Was hoping for news / confirmation my Ex will have its born on date tomorrow. Window sticker shows a 5/15/12 build date.
Gatortailale,

My tracker hasn’t updated yet, but keep the confetti ready! :D:thumbsup:

Cory

Well OK was redelivered yesterday afternoon but due to pressure of work we couldn't make it to pick it up until this morning.

So its in the garage now - door ding gone and the door closes fine now. The roof rails were installed and now we get to play with the cargo cover. I didn't really know what to expect - but we haul around lots of gear so though it would be useful. So far it looks mainly like an origami exercise. I'll have another look when I get home...

We did try out most things, my blackberry paired fine but my wifes basic feature phone doesn't seem to like it (security issue I think). Still lots to learn.

Fits in garage so much easier than the Expedition its replacing. Its shorter in height, narrower & less long. Still feels a substantial size though.

I'll get some pictures later today.

I used the Expedition to haul Scouts & gear around as a Scoutmaster, and - while I'm still involved - I handed off the Scoutmaster role at the end of last year.

When I told my successor last night I was trading the Expedition in today he couldn't believe it. Said he couldn't imagine me without the "big truck" (apparently an Explorer doesn't count).

Sure did do a lot of miles, with a whole lot of gear and a lot of people all over Arizona, California, Utah and New Mexico. It was really a great vehicle and it really could go almost anywhere... will miss the ruggedness.

But I'm liking the new cooled seats...

One thing I noticed is that the rear air seems to take a few minutes to get fully cold - rear air on the Expedition was always pretty quick to cool down - anyone else experienced this - we noticed this on the first test drive also.

Alan

800 # gave me arrival ETA for of week of May 22; but couldn't provide any other details on convoy. Etis has updated to show 5/15/12 build. But no convoy info.

...Fits in garage so much easier than the Expedition its replacing. Its shorter in height, narrower & less long. Still feels a substantial size though.

I'll get some pictures later today...
It’s awesome you got your ride back, Alan; we’re looking forward to those Deep Impact Blue pics. :D

800 # gave me arrival ETA for of week of May 22; but couldn't provide any other details on convoy. Etis has updated to show 5/15/12 build. But no convoy info.
Gatortailale,

I can confirm that build date; my tracker still shows it as “Awaiting Shipment.” :)

Cory

here are a few pictures:

IMG_0329s.jpg

IMG_0327s.jpg

Very nice!

By the sounds of your build sheet they had added some lines referring to the Police Interceptor Utility.

Body Armour refers to the front door ballistic panels that are installed as an option on the Interceptors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTW - I also have the DeeZee Black/Black running boards ready to go on - this weekend...

They look very good and were not at all damaged in shipping - though from the packaging limitations (even apparently with some improvements) I can see how they still could be...

Alan

Back