2013 Limited w/ 2nd row buckets (Deep Impact Blue) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Limited w/ 2nd row buckets (Deep Impact Blue)

A few more Pictures:

Sorry for the sun flare - awkward to see what you captured when its so bright out...

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She's a stunner! Congratulations :)

Nice photos Alan. Love the color. ;)

Dealer told me today my eta is 5/21. It's going to be a long day at work Monday.

Wow - you guys must have some iron-clad patience to wait that long for an order! However, I guess it beats scouring near and far trying to find "the one" explorer with the right colors and right features that you want. I'm not a patient person, though, but I've been looking all over for "the one" and I think I finally found it last night.

However - after seeing the bucket seat option and the console, I'm wondering if I might like that.. Just a little more separation distance for the boys (ages 4 & 7). :) Plus it gives them a cup holder that looks to be easily within reach.

Ugh - and here I thought I was all set & ready to go on the one I found last night.

Plus, that blue is friggin sharp! I'd been eyeing the red for at least 6 months now, too!!

If I am spending money for something, especially this much money, it best be the way I want it and the only way to ensure that is to order it. It will be worth the wait in my eyes.

I agree wholeheartedly with RonJrSVCMGR. That is why my wife and I ordered ours. Blowing this much cash on a car that we intend to keep as long as possible, we were going to get exactly what we wanted! :)

I saw a photo of the 2nd row center console with the arm rest flipped forward. It looked like under the armrest was very shallow storage. Is that right or is it deeper? If it's not all that deep, then what's eating up all the volume of that thing?

Thanks!

I saw a photo of the 2nd row center console with the arm rest flipped forward. It looked like under the armrest was very shallow storage. Is that right or is it deeper? If it's not all that deep, then what's eating up all the volume of that thing?

Thanks!

Were those the photos I posted in another thread?

To answer your question, the console is much deeper. What you are seeing is the little tray that comes with it to set small stuff in. If you take that out, it is quite a bit deeper inside :)

Were those the photos I posted in another thread?

To answer your question, the console is much deeper. What you are seeing is the little tray that comes with it to set small stuff in. If you take that out, it is quite a bit deeper inside :)

There was one somewhere on this forum, but I also saw it on the Ford website.. one of the interior photos. I'm glad to hear that it has some depth. We thought it would be a good way for the kids to have some stuff handy to them or have a place to throw toys and such into on road trips.

Is it cooled like the ones in the Flex?

Not cooled, but it looks like they use the same shell, with the ventilation slots on the sides.

A few more Pictures:...
Thanks for posting those, Alan; I bet you get a couple extra looks when you drive by! :eek:

Very nice!...
She's a stunner! Congratulations :)
Nice photos Alan. Love the color. ;)
Sgt1411, VinceL, & Gatortailale,

I’m with you guys; what a beauty!

...I'm not a patient person, though, but I've been looking all over for "the one" and I think I finally found it last night...
Shopping is the best part, MizzouMan_2000. :)

If I am spending money for something, especially this much money, it best be the way I want it and the only way to ensure that is to order it. It will be worth the wait in my eyes.
RonJrSVCMGR,

Plus, you have the community members here to help by posting pics. :D

Cory

Mine is at dealer. Only problem I am in south Florida until Sunday a.m. for work & to see family.

Craig - Close now...!

Post some pictures when you get it !!

I put the DeeZee running boards on last weekend (Black/Black). They are very nice, they really help for loading the very back row.

Had a full load of 6 already - everyone was quite comfortable - helps that my wife & I are shorter so with the front row close-up the middle row can be slid forward for more legroom in the back row.

Alan

Mine is at dealer. Only problem I am in south Florida until Sunday a.m. for work & to see family.
Try not to speed on your way back, Craig! :D

...I put the DeeZee running boards on last weekend (Black/Black)...
That’s awesome, Alan! Are you planning on taking pics to show off the fresh running boards? :)

Cory

OK Craig - so where are those pictures....

I did the first long road trip in the new Explorer. 6 passengers, bunch of camping gear, 3 backpacks and a 7 hour drive. All was great, confortable seats 22Mpg (including about 8000 feet of elevation gain on the round trip).

Loved the sattelite radio, bluetooth phone, navigation (has accident/roadworks alerts I was unaware of) bucket rear seats and adaptive cruise (really good). Seats werer really comfortable esp. lumbar and cooling (on low) is great.

I was surprised how much room we had for gear even with all the seats up.

I was also surprised that the window tint seems to keep the cabin remakably cooler than my previous expedition - even though this one has black leather seats - I was rather fearing returning to the car after it was parked in the sun - so far not so bad...

Center row cpnsole - someone noted that it looks like the same console case used for the cooler version. I wonder why there is no means to access the space in the front part that presumably is where the cooler mechanism lived... its just dead space - and quite a bit of space. Would be nice to convert this to an extra cubby if possible somehow...

Alan

...I did the first long road trip in the new Explorer. 6 passengers, bunch of camping gear, 3 backpacks and a 7 hour drive...
Thanks so much for sharing, Alan! Now you’ve made me want to plan a road trip. :D

Cory

Back