• Register Today It's free!

PCM location

Gwynn Uy

Reaction score
City, State
Cebu City, Ceby
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hi! does anyone know where the PCM is located? need to replace the pcm for my car, thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found this in the 2011-2015 Component Location View thread. C175B.

2011_explorer_componentviews_02.png

Can someone point me to the location of the PCM in a 2013 sport? I've found one other thread asking the same but no answer. Or alternatively, can someone suggest which FORD service manual I would need to buy to tell me where it is?

Really surprised I can't find a youtube video that includes this sort of info....

-mick

Can someone point me to the location of the PCM in a 2013 sport? I've found one other thread asking the same but no answer. Or alternatively, can someone suggest which FORD service manual I would need to buy to tell me where it is?

Really surprised I can't find a youtube video that includes this sort of info....

-mick
Mick, your thread was merged with this one. No need to start another one just because this one had not been answered. Did post #5 not help?

Peter

Mick, your thread was merged with this one. No need to start another one just because this one had not been answered. Did post #5 not help?

Peter
I figured my post was deleted and so I ended up buying the ford wiring diagram and service manual. Now that I have 20-20 hindsight with the manuals in hand, the pic is technically accurate as its a page from the wiring diagram - but I needed the service manual to know what needed to be done so as to get access to it.

-mick

I figured my post was deleted and so I ended up buying the ford wiring diagram and service manual. Now that I have 20-20 hindsight with the manuals in hand, the pic is technically accurate as its a page from the wiring diagram - but I needed the service manual to know what needed to be done so as to get access to it.

-mick
Got a whole write up on it in my blog...

Simple site search would've yielded the information needed as I already posted this back in December of last year...

PCM.jpg

Got a whole write up on it in my blog...

Simple site search would've yielded the information needed as I already posted this back in December of last ye

For reasons I wont get into, I had been lead to believe that the PCM was located near the battery - which is why I could not find it and why I was asking where it was. The idea that it might be hidden behind some paneling and that something needed to occur to "access it" never crossed my mind - of course that tidbit of info would have been very helpful. In reality, the PCM itself was never my goal - what I was trying to find was an electrical connector that I was told was "located near the PCM". So doing a search for the "PCM location" seemed reasonable and how I originally found this (now merged) thread. Turns out it was all a wild goose chase - while the connector I was looking for was located on the main engine harness leading from the PCM, it was located at the other end of the harness near the fuse box. And that connector might be the subject of another post/thread - if my current searches don't find anything ;-)

-mick

Back