• Register Today It's free!

2013 PIU Media Wiring Help

Earthshone

Reaction score
City, State
Prescott
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Police Interceptor
I have a couple questions, I hope this isnt too cluttered: I am working on connecting 2 (12v) outlets in my 2013 PIU. The wiring connectors are there but they have no power...I am looking for the positioning in Forscan that, hopefully, reactivates them along with the AUX and USB. HOWEVER, when I disassembled the media center I see these two bundles of wires that are cut...can anyone tell me what they were for?....

If a zoomed-out pic would help I have one I just didn't want to post a bunch of large pics...its obnoxious.

PIU dash wiring close up.jpg

I would just find a live 12 volt circuit and tap into it. The cut wires are likely related to previous Police equipment.

I just bought a FORD Explorer Electrical Diagram Shop Manual for $23, and that should have the answers to most of your questions. I also downloaded the upfitters manual used by shops to modify the wiring to install the Police equipment.

PIU1.jpg

PIU2.jpg

I would just find a live 12 volt circuit and tap into it. The cut wires are likely related to previous Police equipment.

I just bought a FORD Explorer Electrical Diagram Shop Manual for $23, and that should have the answers to most of your questions. I also downloaded the upfitters manual used by shops to modify the wiring to install the Police equipment.

View attachment 441619
View attachment 441620
Thanks for the response. I agree with you, I'm just going to connect the 12v outlets to the fuse box. If the FORScan spreadsheets for the PIU were similar to those for the Ford F150, I'd go that route (people went HARD on the FORScan and AsBuilt codes for that vehicle...i'm jealous, they're so detailed). I don't have the skills to chart out a spreadsheet accurately myself or I'd give it a shot. So, thanks again for the advice, its appreciated.

The cut wires may be aftermarket police stuff, I had something like that. The wire bundle doesn't look factory to me.

Back