• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2013 PIU - Undoing Rear Door Handle Disable & Install Rear Lock Rods

ntoda00

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Interceptor Utility
Not sure if anyone covered this already for the 2013 Police Interceptor Utility, however the following are pictures showing how to undo the Rear Door Handle Disable factory option, adding in the manual door lock/unlock rods for the rear doors, and drilling out the door panel to allow sound to come through the door panel for the rear door speakers....

STEP 1
PIURearLockEnable1_zpsf7f94399.jpg

STEP 2
PIURearLockEnable2_zps348f1a97.jpg

STEP 2.5
PIURearLockEnable25_zpsda6454e6.jpg

STEP 3
PIURearLockEnable3_zps610887e7.jpg

STEP 4
PIURearLockEnable4_zpsf7605698.jpg

STEP 5
PIURearLockEnable5_zps8a9bc3c7.jpg

STEP 6 (OPTIONAL)
PIURearLockEnable6_zps4d26ca95.jpg

GOOD NEWS
PIURearLockEnable7_zpsde575780.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

P

PIUtility

if your windows are disabled, there is a purple plug undone on the driver's side under the B pillar panel cover/seat belt stud. Plug that back in, and viola

Reaction score
City, State
Marlborough, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 PIU 3.7L NA V6
Hello guys, I apologize for bumping an old thread, but as of now, the pictures that were originally posted for this thread are not available. Could anyone post their pictures from doing this? Thank you in advance!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hello guys, I apologize for bumping an old thread, but as of now, the pictures that were originally posted for this thread are not available. Could anyone post their pictures from doing this? Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As indicated in my message, I sent a PM to the OP asking if it might be possible to repost the missing pictures.

Peter

Reaction score
City, State
Marlborough, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 PIU 3.7L NA V6
Hello swsshawaii, I do not mean to bother you, but the images over there still do not show any modifications of the rear door locks.

Thank you for all of the help!

Neitron

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 PIU
Does anyone have the part number for the rod?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Neitron

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 PIU
That's just what I was needing. Thanks

My local dealer says that they are out and cant get any in for like a month

BertTheMaker

Reaction score
City, State
Justice
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer PI
Hi Guys, hope you are all doing well. I picked up a 2014 PI Explorer that I am converting to a civilian ride... I connected the power source under the drivers side B Pillar. Wanted to ask you guys though, the rear doors actually do not have the actuators to connect the lock rods to. Any advice on how I can proceed with putting in these actuators? There is just an empty hole where the lock rod would connect to - I assume that is where the actuator would have been!... Any videos on installation(mechanical and electrical), parts, would be greatly appreciated!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3