2013 Sport grille - chrome diamond pattern strips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Sport grille - chrome diamond pattern strips

JScoot

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION - Hello. I just purchased my 2013 Explorer Sport two weeks ago and am interested in either: (1) purchasing a Sport grille with the diamond pattern strips of the grille being chrome (everything else remaining the same as stock), or (2) removing, chrome plating, and reinstalling the diamond pattern strips of my existing stock grille. I like the style and pattern of the stock grille but would like a little more shine in the diamond pattern portions of the grille. I have not been able to find online any aftermarket versions of a Sport grille with the diamond pattern strips chromed. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might be able to find one online or whether removing and chrome plating the existing diamond pattern strips is possible?

In addition, does anyone know if the diamond pattern strips of the grille separate from the plastic backing upon removal, or are they one piece?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, guidance, or information that any of you may have about this. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Sport theme is all blackout......the Limited theme is chrome.

That blacked out grill is one of the best parts of the Sport package.

The Sport theme is all blackout......the Limited theme is chrome.

That blacked out grill is one of the best parts of the Sport package.

Different strokes for different folks... and it's the turbos that are the best part... haha

So say someone prefers the looks of the limited but wanted the better engine? That sounds like this guy...

I actually want to retain the Sport-style grille, with the only difference being the diamond pattern inserts being chrome instead of the stock gray. I would want the remainder of the grille to remain black (including the 3 horizontal black gloss bands). I realize now that it may not be as simple as replacing/removing the gray diamond pattern portions of the grille. Perhaps I generated some confusion when I described the diamond-patterned area as mesh, as I am not looking for the Limited style grille with the holes in the upper and lower bands.

So yes, I bought the Sport for its style and engine. :) My Sport is black, and I would like just a little more shine in the diamond pattern portion of the grille.

Back