2013 Truck Haven MLK Weekend Explorer Ranger run Jan 19-20 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Truck Haven MLK Weekend Explorer Ranger run Jan 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I will have zero xmas trees to contribute this year...:(

We got ours. Today was trash day and we got our two. Of course one is so dry it dropped a ton of needles. VERY dry. Rick will love how it burns. :D

I got a line on some new tires. A guy down here has a new set of Mickey Thompson MTZ's that he bought but never used. I was thinking of low-balling an offer to him but don't know much about the tires. They are larger in diameter than Goodyear MTR's and have more tread so I guess they would be okay. All the reviews are from wanna-be off roaders who think rock crawling is driving down a gravel driveway in the rain in their Dakota's so their great reviews are suspect. If I can get them for under $800 it might be worth it since new they are over $1200. Any of you have any experience with them?

Looks like a good tread and sidewall.

Haven't heard from anyone running them though:dunno:

Looks like a good tread and sidewall.

Haven't heard from anyone running them though:dunno:
I just agreed to purchase them for $750. Its close to a buy three get one free deal. I haven't bought new tires for the Ex in over ten years. I get my money's worth. I remember the MTR's I have on there now were less than $600 for the set, to give you an idea of how long ago that was.

Yeah tire prices are just crazy. Just spent $1400 on tires for the Pumpkin. Let my last tires rot in the sun while the Dart was being built. Bad move...:banghead:

I just agreed to purchase them for $750. Its close to a buy three get one free deal. I haven't bought new tires for the Ex in over ten years. I get my money's worth. I remember the MTR's I have on there now were less than $600 for the set, to give you an idea of how long ago that was.

Brian, my friend up north is on his second set of those on his cherokee and lives them. They do amazing through the rubicon, snow, mud, anything!!

Very good chance we will not make this run. But my hope is by skipping this I'll be able to do more later.;) Been really busy with my new job. Maybe TDS;)

Well, I was hopeing to slip in and do this run but my 4406 is on too many pieces to make it. I have another 4406 on its way but I do not feel comfortable going on this long of a run with no "break in" time on a new-to-me transfer case.

I'll have to catch up with yoots at TDS Safari.

Dan

Brian, my friend up north is on his second set of those on his cherokee and lives them. They do amazing through the rubicon, snow, mud, anything!!

Thanks, I think the guy just flaked. Was getting ready to leave the house to meet, and he canceled.

...I will have zero xmas trees to contribute this year...:(

Its ok Ted, Chris and I picked you up one today from another neighbor. That makes three for us.,:salute:

I think we may need a bigger truck to get all the trees we found.:eek:

The pile was bigger yesterday but the trash trucks are taking them to recycle now.

Attachments

• treesTH.jpg
    treesTH.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 260

So as of now I'm a maybe! Looking into flights.... Was planning a trip to visit my dad in socal in Jan anyways and would love to see some desert wheeling first hand...

You need to do this. I flew out and had a great time. Dont miss out. We would love to but cant this year (soon I promise).

....I thought most would enjoy reading this...They are now going to place stink monitors at the Salton Sea..

I guess no more chili beans for dinner while we are out there...or they will know. :fart:

Thanks, I think the guy just flaked. Was getting ready to leave the house to meet, and he canceled.
Yep, he flaked. Friggin CL Flakers! Keeps renewing an add for over two months, then when someone wants them, and he makes a deal.........FLAKE.

Dang, I'd like to go... But I leave for Cancun 4 days later. Not sure I can do both....

Rick, if I pull it off, we should caravan!

Kevin, Char and I will be leaving either Thursday night or Friday morning. We head out on US60 and meet up with I10 near Quartzsite.

Kevin, Char and I will be leaving either Thursday night or Friday morning. We head out on US60 and meet up with I10 near Quartzsite.
Quartzsite is going to be full of a few hundred thousand people because its their annual swap meet weekend. My parents are heading over there.

Quartzsite is going to be full of a few hundred thousand people because its their annual swap meet weekend. My parents are heading over there.

Maybe that's where I should be going instead of TH. sounds more my speed now. :) going to bed by 10:00.

I should be there Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Do we have a list yet of who's going and when?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We should be out there Friday noonish, or sooner, or later.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back