2013 XLT - Block Heater Cord Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 XLT - Block Heater Cord Replacement

STUABROAD

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
We just remembered that last winter, my wife reversed out the driveway with her block heater cord still plugged in. Need a replacement cable that goes into the engine block heater as we lost it. Dealer is closed till Monday when it's due to be -20c.

Can't find the part on the Ford parts website anywhere. Is this a dealer only replacement or can i get any cable at a parts store? Anyone know what the part number would be?

Thanks in advance.

Did the whole cable pull out or did it just break off? If it just broke off you may be able to splice a short piece of a extension cord onto it.

I haven't looked at the cable ends of a block heater for a Explorer but you might try NAPA and see if they might have one. A lot of the heater cords are interchangeable.

We just remembered that last winter, my wife reversed out the driveway with her block heater cord still plugged in. Need a replacement cable that goes into the engine block heater as we lost it. Dealer is closed till Monday when it's due to be -20c.

Can't find the part on the Ford parts website anywhere. Is this a dealer only replacement or can i get any cable at a parts store? Anyone know what the part number would be?

Thanks in advance.
As long as your battery is okay there shouldn't be anything to worry about. I never plugged my 2011 Explorer in no matter how cold it got. I don't think my previous 2014 MKT and my current 2017 even had/have a block heater. I wasn't sure if you could just plug into the block heater but apparently you can. Found these pics with an Internet search. No part numbers.

Peter

block heater.jpg

cord.jpg

On my 2015 Explorer Ecoboost, it appears the part number is DB5I 6B018 AA. The first four characters are hard to make out on mine because it wasn't printed correctly.

My guess is that this is a fairly common harness regardless of the engine. I'd personally take a risk ordering this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2014-F...ash=item488f8ffdfd:g:ekIAAOSwZ1BXdC60&vxp=mtr

My guess is that it will plug right in and that's the best price I found on a new assembly. YMMV!

Back