2013 xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 xlt

JUtecht

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Awaiting 2013 XLT
Ordered a 2013 XLTORDERED on June 8th, and am dying for my first ever NEW car!!!:) I have been reading posts and threads like crazy here and think the info on this site is AMAZING! I have been reading about dealer allocations and Explorers being "held up" in production...can anyone please enlighten me on these issues...
I ordered from a smaller dealer and am hoping it's not going to take more time for my X. Also, I did a pretty basic model...being in Grad school I sure would have liked the fully loaded Limited, but the XLT was in the budget! ;)
My order:
2013 XLT FWD Platinum White
Tan leather, moon roof, 202A, power lift gate and BLIS
Does anyone know of any "hold ups" regarding these items?
I was reading about hold ups on the 2nd row buckets and 4WD but haven't heard anything else, and from what I'm gathering Cory is the man of this site and a wealth of knowledge...so refreshing!
I am so excited I have been dreaming of my new car!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats!

As an aside, don't let the issues on the forum scare you... :)

I think the only delay was really for the center console for the 2nd row but our 2011+ moderator ordered the center console and he got his Ex yesterday so maybe that's been fixed...

Cory is the man...

cory.jpg

Thanks, I am just curious because I have seen so many variances in the timeline to have one built. At first I was told 6 weeks...which seems to be the norm but then another guy at the dealership told me 10 weeks, and it looks like some have waited even longer. I am locked in on my trade-in, a Nissan Murano...but I am just dying to see my new vehicle!! I can not wait, and as soon as I have a VIN I will be much happier, just feel like I am in limbo here because I cannot track my order!! I cannot wait until it gets here and I can cruise with my moonroof open, something my last model didn't have and that I have been missing since my college days!!
Thanks for the info, I will keep reading message boards with lots of anticipation!!

...from what I'm gathering Cory is the man of this site and a wealth of knowledge...so refreshing!
I am so excited I have been dreaming of my new car!!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations, JUtecht!

I really appreciate the awesome shout-out! :cool::thumbsup: Please shoot me a PM with your order number and dealer details so I can research your latest status!

...Cory is the man...

cory.jpg
Joe Dirt,

It’s official… My ego has ballooned to critical levels. :D

Cory

Wait until the actual stickers show up from Cafepress... :D

Thanks Cory, I will send you a PM later this evening about it--I am pretty impressed with this site, and the plethora of information is wonderful!! Thanks guys for your thoughts!!

Wait until the actual stickers show up from Cafepress... :D
Pics or it didn’t happen, Joe Dirt! ;)

Thanks Cory, I will send you a PM later this evening about it--I am pretty impressed with this site, and the plethora of information is wonderful!! Thanks guys for your thoughts!!
That sounds great to me, JUtecht. :D You’re right: this forum is impressive!

Cory

Welcome, JUtecht!!! And congratulations on the order!! We are also waiting on a '13 XLT. Very, very excited. Looking forward to loading our dogs up and going on long trips again. we got the moonroof as well and that's something I have definitely missed from our previous cars. That is awesome that this will be your first brand new car! We picked up our '11 GT 5.0 with 11 miles on it and, I know it shouldn't really make a difference, but it was pretty cool knowing it was never abused on a test drive or by an exuberant salesman on lunch break. Hope you get your VIN soon!- Toddy

Welcome, JUtecht!!! And congratulations on the order!! We are also waiting on a '13 XLT. Very, very excited. Looking forward to loading our dogs up and going on long trips again...
That does sound like a blast, liratoad! :D What size dogs are they? LOL

Cory

Cory,
We have two Siberian Huskies (they turn 6 this year!) and a 3-4 year old German Shepherd we adopted from a rescue this past October. We fairly quickly discovered that this latest addition to the pack made the Fusion, though an awesome car, no longer the right choice for us. They look like doggie sardines when we have to squish all three in the back seat. Can't wait to comfortably travel with the furkids again! - Toddy

Liratoad-Me too, two fur babies. A chocolate and a white lab...can't wait to load them up!! Thanks for the congrats, can't wait to get my new wheels!!

... I have been reading about dealer allocations and Explorers being "held up" in production...can anyone please enlighten me on these issues...
I ordered from a smaller dealer and am hoping it's not going to take more time for my X.

Congrats on your order! I will be one of those that probably hit the 10 week mark. I'ts been 7.714285714285714 weeks already and my window sticker did not show up this week. Some of it I think was due to dealer allocation but I can't be sure. Allocations seem to be about as describable as dark energy. You can see and feel its effects, you know it has to be there, but it is indescribable and unexplainable. The laws of physics and common sense just go out the window for both allocations and dark energy.

Size doesn't matter here or so I've been told. What matters is how many they have and how many they've sold in the past. The dealer I ordered from does a lot of business in the truck area. I'll bet that if I had been ordering an F350, I would have barely gotten home from ordering it before having to go back to pick it up. Given how long it took to get a VIN, I don't believe that the dealer was being honest with me regarding his Explorer allocation. I know, a dealer stretching the truth ...puullease that never happens!

Ford assembly plants also operate using just-in-time logistics. This means that they schedule the line based upon material deliveries. This way they don't have to store pieces to make thousands of vehicles at the plant. This can also affect the delivery time to the dealer and whether you are delivered in 5 weeks or 10 weeks. If they don't have bucket seats in your color but they are scheduled to come in in a few weeks they won't start your build for a few weeks. I imagine they would pile up a slew of unfinished vehicles at the plant using any other method.

In the end enjoy the forums and remember that "a watched pot never boils" but unfortunately you won't be able to help it. Since getting my VIN. I must have looked at Etis and checked for a sticker 10 times per day or about every 84 minutes. It's a sickness I tell ya! :crazy:

Since95-Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but you are probably right! I'll see if I can get any info on it from Cory, I know I need to cool my jets...but any info would be nice. I know its a bigger deal than ordering something off the internet, but I am used to having some tracking info...anything wpuld be nice! I am not real worried about my order status, just very curious...but you are right about watching water boil! ;-) Thanks for the reality check! Patiently waiting in NE....

Another question...I am seeing on the other threads that people have experienced some problems with their 2011X, haven't seen any problems yet to date on the 2013 other than a few MFT issues...things are looking good for me! Anyone have any 2013 positives or concerns theyd like to share??

Another question...I am seeing on the other threads that people have experienced some problems with their 2011X, haven't seen any problems yet to date on the 2013 other than a few MFT issues...things are looking good for me! Anyone have any 2013 positives or concerns theyd like to share??

Hey JUtecht! Check out my THREAD to read everything about our 2013 :)

Thanks a bunch Vince!! Had a hard time deciding color, really though about the Sterling, your looks great!! I went with Platinum!

Thanks! You can't go wrong with the Plat White, it is a beautiful color on the Ex. For my wife, it was between the gray and the blue. She was leaning toward the dark blue, until that color was nixed for 2013, so gray it was :)

Cory,
We have two Siberian Huskies (they turn 6 this year!) and a 3-4 year old German Shepherd we adopted from a rescue this past October. We fairly quickly discovered that this latest addition to the pack made the Fusion, though an awesome car, no longer the right choice for us. They look like doggie sardines when we have to squish all three in the back seat. Can't wait to comfortably travel with the furkids again! - Toddy
It was a good choice going up in vehicle size, Toddy; I’m having a fun time imagining “doggie sardines.” :D

...In the end enjoy the forums and remember that "a watched pot never boils" but unfortunately you won't be able to help it. Since getting my VIN. I must have looked at Etis and checked for a sticker 10 times per day or about every 84 minutes. It's a sickness I tell ya! :crazy:
I’m with you, Since95. The forums are a perfect way to calm the “waiting for my Explorer” shakes. :thumbsup:

...I'll see if I can get any info on it from Cory, I know I need to cool my jets...but any info would be nice. I know its a bigger deal than ordering something off the internet, but I am used to having some tracking info...anything wpuld be nice! I am not real worried about my order status, just very curious...but you are right about watching water boil! ;-) Thanks for the reality check! Patiently waiting in NE....
I’ll be sure to forward any available details from my research, JUtecht! :)

Thanks! You can't go wrong with the Plat White, it is a beautiful color on the Ex...
VinceL,

You’ve got that right; the Platinum White is gorgeous!

Cory

Thanks so much Cory!! I appreciate you looking into it for me!! I'll be waiting!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vince,

I checked out your thread. You have a beautiful ride there. I can't wait to get mine so I can share your enthusiasm. I sent Cory a PM with my info so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.:)

Back