2014 Explorer 3.5L Water pump R@R Procedure ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer 3.5L Water pump R@R Procedure ?

njsteven

Reaction score
City, State
columbia nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 lincoln town car
I have searched forum for the procedure to remove and replace water pump . Is there one posted that I may have overlooked ? The weep hole behind the alternator started leaking at 110,000 miles . I have everything off down to the timing cover and the silicone is not breaking free !!! Thanks for any input !!! Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You may want to try searching YouTube with something like "Ford Explorer 3.5l v6 duratec water pump", etc.

I have searched forum for the procedure to remove and replace water pump . Is there one posted that I may have overlooked ? The weep hole behind the alternator started leaking at 110,000 miles . I have everything off down to the timing cover and the silicone is not breaking free !!! Thanks for any input !!! Steve
Welcome to the 5th generation Forum.:wave:
I don't believe anyone here has done a DIY on the water pump. Please update your profile as it shows '97 Lincoln instead of 2014 ? Explorer. Thanks.

Peter

Hiya sixone !!! Apparently there is nothing coming up except poor design bad engineering ... Thanks !!!

Hiya Peter !!! I still have the Town car I love the leather and the ride!!! I have a 2000 explorer with v-8 awd... Just put the 1996 Explorer to rest ! I do need to update !!! The 2014 is not mine !!! Its just something I work on along other things for a community !!! I never had the pleasure of working on a 3.5 before neither do I have access to alldata or shopkey !!! Thanks Steve ...

I will post my results and some pictures in any any event if helpful to others

I will post my results and some pictures in any any event if helpful to others

There is a YouTube of someone doing a water pump replacement without pulling the motor (I watched it).

Cool !!! I would like to see that one !!! I didnt pull the motor either !!! Blwnsmoke if I can see that that would be big !!! Thanks so much Steve...

Cool !!! I would like to see that one !!! I didnt pull the motor either !!! Blwnsmoke if I can see that that would be big !!! Thanks so much Steve...

Same engine in a flex. There is a part 2.

Back